First dual-boot Windows Phone 8 and Android handsets said to arrive by June

mgsstar

Windows and Android are such good pals, they're quite literally inseparable on a number of dual-boot devices. Aside from some old community-driven projects, however, the relationship between Google's mobile OS and Windows Phone hasn't blossomed to a point where they're officially comfortable sharing a smartphone. Well, they better pencil in a bonding session, because The Times of India reports local manufacturer Karbonn is set to launch the first such dual-boot handset by June. With the ink now dry on a deal with Microsoft -- presumably a WP license agreed behind closed doors at MWC -- plans are to offer a range of split-personality devices with professional and tech-savvy types in mind. Perhaps they'll run Windows Phone 8.1 right off the bat, too, given the new version's broader hardware support, and show that you needn't create mutant advocates to tempt consumers one way or another.

Source:http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/03/karbonn-dual-boot-windows-phone-android/

This is a pretty cool idea imo as you could use the Windows Phone side for business/important purposes and Android for personal use.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Virus and lag on one side, total smooth and working OS on the other, meh.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

why not just use android? I still cannot understand what windows phone OS has to do for anyone, especially with things like quickoffice out for android.

Virus and lag on one side, total smooth and working OS on the other, meh.

dude, android has changed since then...

yea smooth and working OS with no apps... you see, that is changing to so its a bad argument... Get over what android once used to be

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

dude, android has changed since then...

yea smooth and working OS with no apps... you see, that is changing to so its a bad argument... Get over what android once used to be

Yes I know man don't worry, just making fun a bit, I know it changed and I kinda like Android 4.4 myself on my sisters Moto G, but still, I'd rather have no apps like you say over more viruses and ads everywhere.

Although there are a lot of apps that have been added since the launch of WP8, and we have everything that you IOS and Android people have so... ;)

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Yes I know man don't worry, just making fun a bit, I know it changed and I kinda like Android 4.4 myself on my sisters Moto G, but still, I'd rather have no apps like you say over more viruses and ads everywhere.

Although there are a lot of apps that have been added since the launch of WP8, and we have everything that you IOS and Android people have so... ;)

sorry android has some softspot and i dont even know why D:

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition