Should my friend still use a hdd or external hdd

StrawberryShortCakes
Go to solution Solved by Prodigy_Smit,
3 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

My friend's 4tb steam library is full and he plans to upgrade his system soon. 

But for now he's planning to get a 6tb hdd and copy the old hdd since it's 5yrs old already. 

Should he get an external hdd or another western digital black 6tb. 

Please advice

Internal would be better, he might be able to have both the drives in the system together. Check if he can buy more because the price difference between 10TB and 6 TB is not much.

But for now he's planning to get a 6tb hdd and copy the old hdd since it's 5yrs old already. 

Please advice

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

3 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Please advice

Internal would be better, he might be able to have both the drives in the system together. Check if he can buy more because the price difference between 10TB and 6 TB is not much.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

2 hours ago, mahyar said:

internal reduces the bulk of the setup and its cheaper

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

OK, thanks I'll check with him. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape.