Asus Z490 E vs Aorus Pro Ax

I think I’ve narrowed my choices down to these 2 mobo’s for my first build but they seem so similar I can’t decide.. budget around £280-300 so if you have any other suggestions and why I’m all ears! 

going for an i5 10600k and a 2080 super. Preferably want one that will future proof me a bit so any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏🏼

From what I remember the AORUS Pro AX is a bit better in terms of the VRMs. Comes with WiFi too.

One note would be I would really suggest not buying a GPU now; the new NVIDIA cards and the new AMD cards are both coming out in the next month or two. Buy a cheaper card now or just wait.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

19 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

From what I remember the AORUS Pro AX is a bit better in terms of the VRMs. Comes with WiFi too.

One note would be I would really suggest not buying a GPU now; the new NVIDIA cards and the new AMD cards are both coming out in the next month or two. Buy a cheaper card now or just wait.

I am planning on waiting but that’s mainly for funds since I’m just buying a new house rn, so it’s going to be a month or two anyway I just like to have everything planned and then that way if they go down in price I’m laughing 🤷🏼‍♂️

Why Intel ? You will get more for your money with AMD.

9 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Why Intel ? You will get more for your money with AMD.

Personally it’s because I know intel more and I’ve done more research into their CPU’s but if you can suggest an alternative CPU and Mobo then I’m 100% down to look into it 

12 hours ago, Lordxmackenzie said:

Personally it’s because I know intel more and I’ve done more research into their CPU’s but if you can suggest an alternative CPU and Mobo then I’m 100% down to look into it 

Something like an R5 3600/ R7 3700X and a B550/X570 board like the Tomahawk. You would still have the 4000 series later on as well.