Games with normal everyday non-sport cars?

Jakers038

While games like Need for Speed, Forza, Burnout Paradise,etc. are fun, they mostly lack one type of cars, those that consist the huge majority of cars in the world - everyday cars.

Obviously they are not as fast and interesting to most gamers, so that's the reason why there's so little of them, but for example even after 15 or so years I still remember driving the Peugeot 206 (a bit stronger engine, but still counts) from Underground 2, a game which also has a Ford Focus (and it's not the sporty SVT version) and an Audi A3 (this one did have a sport engine).

How many games are there that have cars like the BMW's E46 sedan (non-M), the E90, E39 or E38, the Mercedes C W203, Honda Accord, VW Passat or Jetta, Ford Mondeo, Peugeot 307 or 407, Audi A4, Seat Leon, Renault Megan and Laguna? These are just some of cars that in their mid range have engines from 120 to 160hp, some have even more, like the E46 330i, which is not a sport edition of the car and has the same beautiful and elegant appearance of other stock engined ones, but with around 230hp and top speed of 250km/h, which makes it anything, but a boring car.

Currently the only way I know to experience these cars in games is either 1. Gta V mods (and even among them you're not likely to find most of these cars, at least not in good quality) and 2. Low quality addons for clunky feeling games, City car driving, Euro truck simulator (fine for trucks, but no so much for cars), maybe BeamNG and maybe something I'm forgetting.

Are there any other more decent options that I'm not aware of?

Your best bet would be a Gran Turismo game that you could emulate - Gran Turismo 3 or 4. Driver: San Francisco also has a lot of regular real-world cars (although not much that's European), but have fun trying to find any place that sells it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Driver: San Francisco 

Ah yes my childhood game still have my disc, sad that it is almost impossible to get hands on today

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Tbh the Forza Horizon lineup has many non sport and interesting vehicles the game is just focused on the sport ones but there is more

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

This guy was able to buy a copy of Driver: San Francisco with a Subway gift card.

@KayTees' Little Brother

My PC: Stepping Stones (2019)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360 HD3

RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB (2x4) Black DDR4-2133GHz

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB

Case: Thermaltake View 27
Storage: SanDisk 2.5" 128GB SSD | Western Digital 3.5" 1TB HDD

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550W

Displays: LG 27GL63TBenQ GW2270 21.5"

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ Cherry MX Red Switches & 2010 Razer Blackwidow w/ Cherry MX Blues Switches

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Headset: V-MODA Crossfade M-100

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 LTSC

Last updated: August 10, 2020 at 2:10 PM

Mobile Devices:

Spoiler

Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro Almond (OnePlus GM1917)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" (SM-T330NU)

Previous Phones: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910W8), OnePlus 5T (OnePlus A5010), OnePlus 6 (OnePlus A6003)

PCPartsPicker:

Spoiler

PCPartsPicker Link: http://tiny.cc/KenTees

Last updated: April 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM

1 minute ago, lexusgamer05 said:

I loved that game too!!

Played it on my 360 so fun it had good story and tbh good graphics for a 2011 game and much more

Reminder⚠️

Just now, KenTees said:

This guy was able to buy a copy of Driver: San Francisco with a Subway gift card.

Yeah have seen that but where I live it is impossible maybe in other places

Reminder⚠️

Even if you lived anywhere close to the guy who posted the video, you'd still be paying $122.32 USD for it, from the same website.

Looks like ever since the video garnered the attention, sellers took advantage of the potential money making opportunity.

spacer.png

@KayTees' Little Brother

My PC: Stepping Stones (2019)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360 HD3

RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB (2x4) Black DDR4-2133GHz

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB

Case: Thermaltake View 27
Storage: SanDisk 2.5" 128GB SSD | Western Digital 3.5" 1TB HDD

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550W

Displays: LG 27GL63TBenQ GW2270 21.5"

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ Cherry MX Red Switches & 2010 Razer Blackwidow w/ Cherry MX Blues Switches

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Headset: V-MODA Crossfade M-100

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 LTSC

Last updated: August 10, 2020 at 2:10 PM

Mobile Devices:

Spoiler

Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro Almond (OnePlus GM1917)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" (SM-T330NU)

Previous Phones: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910W8), OnePlus 5T (OnePlus A5010), OnePlus 6 (OnePlus A6003)

PCPartsPicker:

Spoiler

PCPartsPicker Link: http://tiny.cc/KenTees

Last updated: April 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM

Just now, KenTees said:

Even if you lived anywhere close to the guy who posted the video, you'd be paying $122.32 USD for it, from the same website.

Looks like ever since the video garnered the attention, sellers took advantage of the potential money making opportunity.

spacer.png

Yeah glad I got mine before it went off sale it would be impossible to get after I have digital and physical

Reminder⚠️

Well there's that other way to get it that pretty much 95% of people here in East Europe use, not that I am telling anyone to, but the game still exists there

I have played it actually before, but I forgot about it, but yes, I think most cars are non-European, but nonetheless it's a good example. If games like Gta and Watch dogs got licences, then maybe they would also have regular real life cars, which would be amazing, but will probably never happen.

1 minute ago, Jakers038 said:

Well there's that other way to get it that pretty much 95% of people here in East Europe use, not that I am telling anyone to, but the game still exists there

I have played it actually before, but I forgot about it, but yes, I think most cars are non-European, but nonetheless it's a good example. If games like Gta and Watch dogs got licences, then maybe they would also have regular real life cars, which would be amazing, but will probably never happen.

Quote who you are talking to so the see

Reminder⚠️