Recommend a 2070 Super?

Rachg05

I'm looking for a 2070 Super for my new setup, but I don't know much about manufacturers. What is a good 2070 Super that is in stock currently?

9 minutes ago, Rachg05 said:

I'm looking for a 2070 Super for my new setup, but I don't know much about manufacturers. What is a good 2070 Super that is in stock currently?

Manufacturer doesn’t really matter on that end it’s mostly what you think looks the best most are the same

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Well, with the new card being announced on 1st of September I would wait, current 20 series will become cheaper or you may get one of the new ones. Some companies I like are EVGA and Gigabyte and obviously you can get reference card (directly from nvidia).

We cannot answer that question without knowing where you live (country). Even then, what's in stock may differ from one seller to the next. What system are you pairing with that 2070 super?

Just now, Kanna said:

Manufacturer doesn’t really matter on that end it’s mostly what you think looks the best most are the same

I've just noticed on Newegg, there are 9 different EVGA 2070 Super cards and I don't understand what the difference is between each. Why 9 different types of the same card?

Just now, Applefreak said:

We cannot answer that question without knowing where you live (country). Even then, what's in stock may differ from one seller to the next. What system are you pairing with that 2070 super?

Im in the U.S. and my set up is 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/32TDtp

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($283.55 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($87.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Corsair) 
Total: $855.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-13 18:06 EDT-0400

Everything is bought except for the graphics card.

Just now, Rachg05 said:

I've just noticed on Newegg, there are 9 different EVGA 2070 Super cards and I don't understand what the difference is between each. Why 9 different types of the same card?

Well some may be called super (do they still make TI?) OC etc OC means it’s factory overclocked and super is just some more squezed power

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

Well some may be called super (do they still make TI?) OC etc OC means it’s factory overclocked and super is just some more squezed power

They don't do Ti with 2070 its called super now

1 minute ago, Rachg05 said:

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100007709 601341631 50001402 4131

This is the direct link to all the different EVGA cards in stock on Newegg.

That link is broken or smthn get a screenshot 

Reminder⚠️

4 minutes ago, Kanna said:

That link is broken or smthn get a screenshot 

EVGA-GeForce-RTX-2070-SUPER-In-Stock-Desktop-Graphics-Cards-Newegg-com.png

EVGA-GeForce-RTX-2070-SUPER-In-Stock-Desktop-Graphics-Cards-Newegg-com.png

Would go for the $580 one tbh

Reminder⚠️

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

What do the different versions mean?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-8gb-gddr6-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-black-silver/6361328.p?skuId=6361328&intl=nosplash

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1543393-REG/gigabyte_gv_n207sgaming_oc_8gd_geforce_rtx_2070_super.html

2 minutes ago, Rachg05 said:

What do the different versions mean?

some of them are 2 slot cards other 2.7 slot variation in coolers mostly same performance 

6 minutes ago, Kanna said:

theres also this msi card available. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 6.25.26 PM.png

1 minute ago, LpoolTech said:

I was originally getting the gigabyte 2070 super oc 3x, but it's on back order and they have no clue when it will be available.

theres also this msi card available. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 6.25.26 PM.png

for that price.... well its too much imo

15 minutes ago, LpoolTech said:

They don't do Ti with 2070 its called super now

Sort of.  The 2070S is different than the 2070ti. The 2070ti did exist, but the 2070s Is newer and a better value.  This happened with most of Nvidia’s ti models.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Rachg05 said:

I was originally getting the gigabyte 2070 super oc 3x, but it's on back order and they have no clue when it will be available.

the one in best buy is in stock and its 500 reference card 

1 minute ago, LpoolTech said:

for that price.... well its too much imo

My budget allows enough wiggle room to buy a card for $700 max. I just want to get the best bang for my buck tbh

I suggest looking at individual reviews.  The quality of a given type generally varies mostly by how well a given cooler does its job which affects how loud it will be or how much a given card is factory overclocked.  As a general rule the best raw dollar value for a card will be a non overclocked model as even the fastest factory overclock is generally 10% faster or less but can be 20% more expensive.

there are generally “reference” and “non reference” versions of a card.  My memory was with the 2070s the non reference models out performed the reference ones.  This doesn’t always happen. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.