Faster Gaming for FREE in 2 minutes - No… Seriously

12 hours ago, Senzelian said:

Also got the latest drivers installed?
Which GPU? Anything below the 10-series isn't supported.

For AMD you need a Radeon 5600 or 5700.

Thanks, you solved my problem but unfortunately I don't have 10-series or above that GPU.

When I will have the budget to purchase one i will experience this Graphic Settings Hopefully. Inshallah 

On 8/12/2020 at 7:29 PM, The Torrent said:

such a garbage video.

yea 1.5percent noticably better performance.

wtf r they doing lately.

i mean 1.5% could be the difference  between 110 and 112 fps,

and now that i type it out it sounds like jack shit.

but hey, some people on old hardware and low money that might go from 22-25 to 25-28 fps in games, this would help them. (tho don't know if it works with older hardware)

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 hour ago, flashiling said:

i mean 1.5% could be the difference  between 110 and 112 fps,

and now that i type it out it sounds like jack shit.

but hey, some people on old hardware and low money that might go from 22-25 to 25-28 fps in games, this would help them. (tho don't know if it works with older hardware)

I thought it actually made it worse on old hardware? There was only a few cases where it made it sliiighgly faster.

Well...as I'm just looking for a small boost of performance, and my thread asking for tips just met with hardware snobs, I'll check this out in daylight.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

If someone is having trouble finding the setting to turn it on, you need up to date Windows 10 (2004), up to date video drivers (for Nvidia you need 451.48 or newer) and GeForce 10 series or newer hardware.

Didn't watch the LTT video but from what I have seen in other tests, it really isn't a good idea to turn it on yet. Seems like you lose some performance in some tests, and gain a little bit in some.

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any resources for this topic? If someone wants to look into how the Hardware GPU Scheduling works/is implemented?

On 8/12/2020 at 5:59 PM, GabenJr said:

Windows 10’s April 2020 update was delayed for a long time, but now that it’s generally available, there are a few goodies lurking within that may improve your gaming experience…

Jesus Steve already debunked this... what is going on at LMG lately?

The first thing you do to get the best gaming experience on Windows is DISABLE anything that Microsoft labels "Game" or "Gaming". eg, "Game Mode", which reduces FPS.

5 hours ago, Rex240 said:

Are there any resources for this topic? If someone wants to look into how the Hardware GPU Scheduling works/is implemented?

I don't actually think there are any good resources about it. From what I know, no hardware manufacturer nor Microsoft has actually given any detailed info about how it works or what it does yet, so all we got are people like Linus making assumptions and guesses like "oh it says hardware scheduler so I guess it lets hardware do the scheduling", which might be a very simplistic and wrong view of what it actually does.

We have this blog post from the DirectX developer blog, but it's very high level stuff that doesn't actually explain all that much.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling/

Ryan Smith said he was going to sit down and talk to companies (I presume AMD, Nvidia, Intel or Microsoft) about it a few months ago but I haven't seen any follow-up to that.

I think there's a problem with some people not able to use this feature... This is on the system in my signature...

Windows10_2004_HardwareSchedulerMissing.thumb.png.1ba0d7bf595597c7e5458856b4a6b3c8.png

No option to enable the feature. Did they remove it or something?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

17 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

I think there's a problem with some people not able to use this feature... This is on the system in my signature...

Windows10_2004_HardwareSchedulerMissing.thumb.png.1ba0d7bf595597c7e5458856b4a6b3c8.png

No option to enable the feature. Did they remove it or something?

The first AMD driver to support it was released in beta not too long ago. It might not have hit stable yet.

You also need Windows 10 update 2004.

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

The first AMD driver to support it was released in beta not too long ago. It might not have hit stable yet.

You also need Windows 10 update 2004.

Did you not look at the picture AT ALL? This is the latest optional driver from AMD, and I'm on 2004.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

8 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Did you not look at the picture AT ALL? This is the latest optional driver from AMD, and I'm on 2004.

Oops, sorry.

In any case, Microsoft has not removed it and it still shows up for me with my Nvidia drivers. So if anything has happened then it's that AMD has disabled support for it in their drivers. But that's to be expected when using beta drivers.

It might also be that your GPU doesn't support it. On the Nvidia side of things, it is only enabled for certain GPUs. It might be the same with AMD.

Sadly there is pretty much no official info to go by regarding this so at best we can just make guesses on why it doesn't show up for you. It doesn't really matter though, as the LTT video (I presume) shows, it makes very little performance difference and what it does, it might actually be a performance loss to enable the feature.

56 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

In any case, Microsoft has not removed it and it still shows up for me with my Nvidia drivers. So if anything has happened then it's that AMD has disabled support for it in their drivers. But that's to be expected when using beta drivers.

It shouldn't be disabled, as it's not listed as such in the changelogs.

57 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

It might also be that your GPU doesn't support it.

As I said, it's the system in my signature. The 5700XT is outright marketed with this feature as possible by some AIBs. It's definitely both capable, and a supported feature.

58 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Sadly there is pretty much no official info to go by regarding this so at best we can just make guesses on why it doesn't show up for you.

Coulda just said that to begin with.

59 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

It doesn't really matter though, as the LTT video (I presume) shows, it makes very little performance difference and what it does, it might actually be a performance loss to enable the feature.

That is totally irrelevant. I want to be able to use every feature available, regardless of the performance impact detected by LTT.

29 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

It shouldn't be disabled, as it's not listed as such in the changelogs.

As I said, it's the system in my signature. The 5700XT is outright marketed with this feature as possible by some AIBs. It's definitely both capable, and a supported feature.

Coulda just said that to begin with.

That is totally irrelevant. I want to be able to use every feature available, regardless of the performance impact detected by LTT.

Dude, chill.

The feature isn't there for you but it is for other people, and the only difference is GPU driver and GPU hardware. Clearly it's one of those two things that are deemed "incompatible" with the GPU scheduling feature. Only AMD knows for sure but they are not providing any info so we are kind of throwing darts in the dark here. No need to get mad and sassy at me for giving examples of things that might be wrong with you setup when I have next to no info to go by.

Edit:

Also, just because some AIB partners are marketing a particular GPU with a feature (that is still in beta) does not mean it actually works on those cards. Again, it's a beta feature. Those things can change from release to release. Same goes for the changelogs. AMD has released incomplete changelogs in the past, so they are not always 100% reliable. They might have removed that feature in some beta drivers without mentioning it.

Have you tried installing one of the drivers where we 100% for sure know the feature is present, such as the 20.5.1 beta?

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

when I have next to no info to go by.

Except that you completely ignored 90% of what I posted just to tell me I needed what I already had, and then took several more posts to admit you didn't know anything about the issue.

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Dude, chill.

You started it, and are continuing it.