Why do I have so many connections in the adapter settings?

Jobobee

So, my computer takes forever to connect to the internet, and I think it's because I somehow have lots of Local Area connections in the Network and Internet\Network Connections in CP. When I disable them it works.

How can I delete them? (Right clicking shows a disabled delete button.)

ro4kJWR.png

So, my computer takes forever to connect to the internet, and I think it's because I somehow have lots of Local Area connections in the Network and Internet\Network Connections in CP. When I disable them it works.

How can I delete them? (Right clicking shows a disabled delete button.)

ro4kJWR.png

im just gonna say it. do you live deadsplat in the middle off isp heaven ?

edit: all those are wire, if im not blind. this means ur stuff eighter goes throught a ton of switches or you have alot off useless stuff installed on ur comp. ( VM etc)

Edited by Norwegiantweaker

im just gonna say it. do you live deadsplat in the middle off isp heaven ?

edit: all those are wire, if im not blind. this means ur stuff eighter goes throught a ton of switches or you have alot off useless stuff installed on ur comp. ( VM etc)

All wired, I don't have a wireless card (Well, I do, but it's not installed).

I only have a router/modem combo.

All wired, I don't have a wireless card (Well, I do, but it's not installed).

I only have a router/modem combo.

lmfao that shit is insane. start deleting!

lmfao that shit is insane. start deting!

I can't, that's the point of the thread.

I can't, that's the point of the thread.

well you made them ? im sure you can.. unmake them ?. do you have any form of virtual machine running ?

well you made them ? im sure you can.. unmake them ?. do you have any form of virtual machine running ?

I didn't make them. No, no VMs.

• 2 months later...

Guys, this problem has come back. Any solutions?

My guess is that your router adds it self as a new connection every time you open your PC. It happened to me when I was trying to use my cell phone as hot spot with cable. Every time I connected my phone to my PC it showed like it's a new wired connection. I can't remember if I fixed it tbh. But you can try to update the firmware of your router unless your ISP is forcing you to use that firmware(Some ISP's require you to use a certain firmware they wrote themselves for setting up your modem from call center and what not spying on you). Or if there is a newer bios version is available you might want to update your bios if the problem is from your computers LAN port.

Or it might be caused from your VPN program, I see that you have VPNUK. It might be setting up a new connection for different servers it's connecting but not disabling them. From their website I see that you need to install VPNUK Assistant software? That might be the problem.

OK, btw I just made another search and now I believe that it is your VPN program. Because main LAN connection is always shown as Ethernet or something like that depending on your language, and searching for other names in there, "TAP Windows adapter" you'll see first searches are directing you to openVPN communities or sites related to that.
I'm sorry but I really don't want to devolve more into this subject :P I think you can find your way from here :D
Good luck I hope you can figure it out soon!

Or it might be caused from your VPN program, I see that you have VPNUK. It might be setting up a new connection for different servers it's connecting but not disabling them. From their website I see that you need to install VPNUK Assistant software? That might be the problem.

OK, btw I just made another search and now I believe that it is your VPN program. Because main LAN connection is always shown as Ethernet or something like that depending on your language, and searching for other names in there, "TAP Windows adapter" you'll see first searches are directing you to openVPN communities or sites related to that.

I'm sorry but I really don't want to devolve more into this subject :P I think you can find your way from here :D

Good luck I hope you can figure it out soon!

I normally use the VPNUK Connection Assistant. I'll try reinstalling it.

Okay, I un-installed my VPN and then deleted all of the connections in Device Manager. When I rebooted my computer it made a new one.

Well as i said, it's just going to keep making new ones. So if you really don't need VPN I suggest you to remove it. And if you really need one, I don't know if it's still available but Hot Stop shield was ok I guess. I mean I haven't tried it over a year now but It never caused a problem like that. I'm not against smaller companies but they need to fix the stuff they make. So it would run optimal no matter what system configuration or OS you are using.

I think it's because you're using that VPN. Uninstall it completely and reboot a few times and see what happens.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)