Silent PC

VaLeonZ

Budget (including currency): $3500 SGD ( 2200 usd + tax )

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Music Production , Gaming , Streaming . Ableton , Cubase , Valorant , League Of Legends & Twitch .

Other details I’m planning to make a silent pc . I’m planning to use the pc for 5 years . I’m going to be running the intel 10900k( Since I’m not upgrading for another 5 years intel is reliable  )

Planning to use noctua fans . 
Help me out I don’t know which motherboard is of good overall that can last 5 years checked out the Asus Rog Maximus 12 series

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

I’d you want silence the NF-A12x25 were the quietest from tests I watched iirc. 

How many fans should I be using ? If I were to use all of this for being silent what configuration would be best for a case like be quiet 801.

Edited by VaLeonZ

12 minutes ago, VaLeonZ said:

How many fans should I be using ? If I were to use all of this for being silent what configuration would be best for a case like be quiet 801.

I’d personally get something like a Meshify C or a Pure Base DX500 and then add about 6 fans to it for good silence and temps.

20 minutes ago, VaLeonZ said:

intel is reliable

Not sure what you mean by that. But when are you planning on building it? If it's later this year. Wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer, and then decide which platform you want to move to. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

10 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Not sure what you mean by that. But when are you planning on building it? If it's later this year. Wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer, and then decide which platform you want to move to. 

My parents choice , that was unclear My bad. I my parents are pro intel it's been 6 months of convincing ... 

1 minute ago, VaLeonZ said:

My parents choice , that was unclear My bad. I my parents are pro intel it's been 6 months of convincing ... 

January 2021

10 hours ago, VaLeonZ said:

My parents choice , that was unclear My bad.

ah so a family pc? 

either way amd is just as reliable really, in fact im not really sure what you meant by that lol. 

but as i said, if you're planning on building it later this year, then check what zen 3 has to offer and decide. 

January 2021

ah, definitely  wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

ah so a family pc? 

either way amd is just as reliable really, in fact im not really sure what you meant by that lol. 

but as i said, if you're planning on building it later this year, then check what zen 3 has to offer and decide. 

My dad used ryzen 4 years ago, he did not overclock his cpu and it fried ( 2 times even after getting 1 on 1 exchange)

I went with US pricing since some parts were missing or prices were really out of place on Singapore PCPP, but if there are items you can't find or if this is overbudget, let me know.

^ alternatively, if you want something not quite as bulky as the DRP4 and are a big fan of Noctua, you could go with an NH-U12A. If you don't like the look of the NF-A12x25s that come with it (which are pretty much the best performing 120mm fans on the market), you could get a couple NF-F12 chromax.black and have those on the heatsink instead.

The extra Silent Wings 3 can be replaced with NF-A14 chromax.black fans. I've got both Silent Wings 3 (on my DRP4) and NF-A14 (though I've got an iPPC 2000RPM model, but I'm running it at low speeds) and I can say that they're both great options, both for cooling performance and for noise.

And you could also replace the stock fans that come with the Meshify C if you want to. I've got some of their 140mm fans - they're fine, but they don't undervolt as well as Noctuas. 

The 10600K should do just as well as a 10900K at the moment for gaming and for your music production. If you're set on the 10-core though, wait for the 10850K - it'll be a 10900K clocked 100MHz lower, but $50 cheaper.

Or, if you're not building the system right now, then wait for AMD's Zen 3 CPUs. If it ends up matching or even beating Intel when it comes to gaming and single-core performance, I'd probably suggest going that route instead.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

, he did no overclock his cpu and it fried

not sure what you mean by that, but that's not the cpu's fault lol. 

as i said..

10 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

ah, definitely  wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer. 

^.

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

cpu's fault

Will do , he said it overheated eventhough it was watercooled.Then it fried when he was editing a video .

Then it fried he video editing and the cpu was non consistent .

still not sure what you mean by that, but as i said, i doubt it's the cpu's fault.

either way wait for zen 3 and then decide. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

still not sure what you mean by that, but as i said, i doubt it's the cpu's fault.

either way wait for zen 3 and then decide. 

He's pro Intel and I can't do anything.

and I can't do anything.

still worth waiting and checking. 

for all we know, he could change.

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I went with US pricing since some parts were missing or prices were really out of place on Singapore PCPP, but if there are items you can't find or if this is overbudget, let me know.

^ alternatively, if you want something not quite as bulky as the DRP4 and are a big fan of Noctua, you could go with an NH-U12A. If you don't like the look of the NF-A12x25s that come with it (which are pretty much the best performing 120mm fans on the market), you could get a couple NF-F12 chromax.black and have those on the heatsink instead.

The extra Silent Wings 3 can be replaced with NF-A14 chromax.black fans. I've got both Silent Wings 3 (on my DRP4) and NF-A14 (though I've got an iPPC 2000RPM model, but I'm running it at low speeds) and I can say that they're both great options, both for cooling performance and for noise.

And you could also replace the stock fans that come with the Meshify C if you want to. I've got some of their 140mm fans - they're fine, but they don't undervolt as well as Noctuas. 

The 10600K should do just as well as a 10900K at the moment for gaming and for your music production. If you're set on the 10-core though, wait for the 10850K - it'll be a 10900K clocked 100MHz lower, but $50 cheaper.

Or, if you're not building the system right now, then wait for AMD's Zen 3 CPUs. If it ends up matching or even beating Intel when it comes to gaming and single-core performance, I'd probably suggest going that route instead.

Thank Mat! Its cost about $3560 which is just nice . I decide to get the noctua cause I'm not planning to make the pc aesthetically pleasing . I'd want pure performance and worth the $$. Furthermore, I'll just wait for in the meantime since that's what people are mentioning .

Just now, VaLeonZ said:

I decide to get the noctua cause I'm not planning to make the pc aesthetically pleasing . I'd want pure performance and worth the $$.

Well, they've got some black fans now, but if you don't mind the poop and tan fans:

• get the NH-U12A (similar performance but less bulky than the DRP4)
  • swap the two extra Silent Wings 3 140mm for NF-A14s (I mean, the SW3 could work just as well, but that's what I'd do so all the fans are Noctua, because OCD)
  • if you want to, ditch the two included 120mm fans that come with the Meshify C, and toss in there some NF-S12A or NF-F12s (chromax.black if you want to)

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Invest in overkill aio-coolers for both gpu and cpu if you want silence. And sub 200d motherboards are also enough for some 10900k oc, better to spend on 10700k instead of a 300d board.

51 minutes ago, VaLeonZ said:

Will do , he said it overheated eventhough it was watercooled.Then it fried when he was editing a video .

This is impossible.  Modern CPU's will not fry when overheating they will just throttle and then shut down if they get too hot.

If it overheated then its the coolers fault, and or bad airflow in the case.  If it was an AIO the pump probably failed.

Its pretty hard to hurt a modern CPU short of sending a crap ton of voltage through it.

AMD R7 3700X

32GB Mushkin Redline 3200MHz DDR4

Aorus A530 Elite WIFI

Bequiet Shadow Rock 3

EVGA RTX 2060 Super

Phanteks AMP 650W

Fractal Pop Air

Windows 11 / Arch Linux