Want to build a set up for editing. This is my first PC and I'm on a tight budget. Can't go for parts above this price range. Do let me know what you

Go to solution Solved by mahyar,

its a good setup except gpu and what is your budget?

btw move topic to new build and planning

Ryzen 7 3700x

MsiB450 tomahawk max

Zotac1660 super

RAM2x16 GB 3200MHz

Ssdnvme sn550 500GB

WBHDD 2TB

SeagateBarracuda 7200 RPM

SMPS Cooler master mwe 550w 80+ bronze

its a good setup except gpu and what is your budget?

btw move topic to new build and planning

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

That will do.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

18 minutes ago, Hanis11 said:

Ryzen 7 3700x

MsiB450 tomahawk max

Zotac1660 super

RAM2x16 GB 3200MHz

Ssdnvme sn550 500GB

WBHDD 2TB

It will work well and in the furute get either a 2060 or the new to be launched 3070

13 hours ago, Hanis11 said:

Ryzen 7 3700x

MsiB450 tomahawk max

Zotac1660 super

RAM2x16 GB 3200MHz

Ssdnvme sn550 500GB

WBHDD 2TB

I would check out LTT's recommendations first:

Otherwise, my advice would be to buy a used PC with the general specs you're looking for on marketplaces like Ebay, OfferUp, and Mercari and spend an extra $100-$400 on upgrade parts if you need to since the price of new PC parts are kinda inflated due to Covid-19.

As for specs to look for in a new or used PC........

Processor: Ryzen 7 2700X or better (upgrading to a Ryzen 3700X, 3800X/XT, or 3900X/XT should be more affordable once Zen 3 arrives around November)

Graphics Card: GTX 1650 or better if "new" and GTX 980TI/1060 6GB or better if "used" (again prices will likely drop quickly in both new & used markets as new GPUs from AMD and Nvidia arrive in coming months)

Motherboard & RAM: pretty dead-on (upgrade as needed)

Hard Drive: I would get a Seagate FireCuda 3.5" SSHD drive as they cost about the same as other standard HDDs, but are faster since they come with both a 8GB SSD cache and a 64MB DRAM cache. Otherwise, a Hitachi Ultrastar, Seagate Barracuda, or Seagate Exos high-capacity HDD will get you the most capacity per dollar.

SATA SSD: Crucial MX500 or Samsung 860 Evo (more recommendations HERE)

M.2 NVMe SDD: Sabrent Rocket, WD Black, Inland Premium, Samsung 970 Evo/Evo Plus, or Crucial P1 (more recommendations HERE)

Case: anything with good airflow like the Fractal Design Meshify C or Phanteks P4

CPU cooler & case fans: lots of great options from Noctua and Be Quiet!

Power Supply: Corsair RMx & TXM Gold, SeaSonic Prime Gold/Platinum, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1, Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 & Pure Power 10, and Cooler Master MWE Gold (more recommendations HERE)

On 8/10/2020 at 4:30 PM, gloop said:

₹90k budget.

Will need it mainly for Premiere pro, After effects, Corel draw, Illustrator, Blender, Photoshop, DaVinci resolve.

I will invest in a good monitor a little later on, don't have the money for it as of now. I already have rest of the peripherals.

Waiting for the market to cool down a bit, things ate very expensive as of now. 1080p to 4k res videos will be edited on that system. As of now I just have a E41-15 Lenovo.

7 hours ago, Hanis11 said:

₹90k budget.

Will need it mainly for Premiere pro, After effects, Corel draw, Illustrator, Blender, Photoshop, DaVinci resolve.

I will invest in a good monitor a little later on, don't have the money for it as of now. I already have rest of the peripherals.

Waiting for the market to cool down a bit, things ate very expensive as of now. 1080p to 4k res videos will be edited on that system. As of now I just have a E41-15 Lenovo.

if you wait a month or two there will be new cpu and gpus 

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here