Seriously has anybody tried to fix coil whine?

Chen G

Update:

I opened up my card and put hot glue between all the coils, the whine is definitely muffled but not as muffled as the stock Nvidial cooler. 

====================================

I have a 2080ti in an otherwise dead silent build but the coil whine makes all that pointless.

However here's an observation that gave me some hope, I had my hands on a brand new 2080ti FE and it has almost no coil whine. However after I took apart, put on my waterblock and stick it in my system, the whine is just as bad as all the other 2080ti I've had, seems like proof to me that there's something about the stock cooler that prevents coil whine. My guess would be the tight fit and thermal past-like sticky stuff they have all over the coil housings.

I think It should be a simple physical process, I should be able to just fill the gaps between those coil housings with hot glue and it should do the trick shouldn't it? I really just want some confirmation that this works because it's such a pain to drain the look and get the card out.

So has anyone done this? Put some kind of epoxy/glue/past around the coils to stop them from vibrating?

3 minutes ago, Chen G said:

that there's something about the stock cooler that prevents coil whine. ... My guess would be the tight fit and thermal past-like sticky stuff they have all over the coil housings.

probably the thermal pad on the inductors dampening the whines

3 minutes ago, Chen G said:

I should be able to just fill the gaps between those coil housings with hot glue and it should do the trick shouldn't it?

So has anyone done this? Put some kind of epoxy/glue/past around the coils to stop them from vibrating?

this explains it well as well as the solution

Spoiler

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I cant fix it. But mine is the 1000w PSU, not the card. Been like that for years and years. 

The only fix I've found is using less power hungry hardware and the electricity flow becomes less audible.