Has my pc posted correctly?

Go to solution Solved by The_russian,

If you don’t have a hard drive or ssd with an operating system on it connected to the motherboard, then the boot led being on is expected. The devices changed screen is also normal since you put in a different cpu and/or ram than the previous owner. Everything looks to be working as expected so far.

Hi,

I'm building my pc in a few days and I wanted to see if the components I purchased (all mentioned are second hand) work. 

R5 2600, b450 tomahawk max, corsair rgb pro 3200mhz 2×8gb, evga gtx 1060, seasonic psu. 

So I installed the cpu in socket and the stock cooler, ram in slot 2 and 4, gpu and plugged in hdmi etc. 

I turned on the system by connecting the two pins via a screwdriver. 

After turning it on a few of the ez debug leds were red and then all turned off apart from the boot led which remains red and I get the following message below seen in the photos of my monitor. 

So my question: is everything OK and it's normal for the boot led to be red at the moment? It states devices have changed which is likely as a different cpu and ram were used before on this used mobo? Should I plug in a keyboard and run the setup by f1 or can I do this later when I plug in all other devices and it's all built in my case? 

Note that only the boot led is red and the other are off as the photo may not be very clear below. 

Thanks 

IMG_20200808_194404.jpg

IMG_20200808_194504.jpg

IMG_20200808_194531.jpg

If you don’t have a hard drive or ssd with an operating system on it connected to the motherboard, then the boot led being on is expected. The devices changed screen is also normal since you put in a different cpu and/or ram than the previous owner. Everything looks to be working as expected so far.

Just now, The_russian said:

@The_russian Hi man thanks for your reply! Yes, I did NOT plug in my ssd or hard drive so I guess its good thanks