A bit worried about these temps

Grumpy_Old_Man
8 minutes ago, Grumpy_Old_Man said:

It kinda is at the moment since we are experiencing a heat wave.

It should still be fine if room temperature is around 70°C, but you'll preferably want the system to be even colder than room temp unless its in the dead of winter or something. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

2 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

Not according to some nerds across the internet. Even if room temperature is decent, an open system cooled by only air won't be as efficient as a closed one, unless you can somehow find a way to push the hot air the chip itself is generating away from it. Its not just about room temperature, its about air flow, and whether or not its neutral, negative or positive air pressure. With the way my case is designed, it seems like the air going in is even colder than room temperature. I'm not sure if its because of the glass on the front of the case or not. Someone else with my case had the same question, and it made me curious, because it certainly feels colder. 

45563d1332434505.jpg

No that is true, you can control the air easily in a closed case than an opened case, and provided you have adequate case fans.

I say outside of us PC enthusiast nerds, average home PCs owners majority work with closed cases, not tempered glass and their cases usually lack sufficient air flow, which in compared to an opened bench would be more sufficient.... but if the room temperature is warm, then it's going to nullify any benefits of an open case. 

See my open case here, system temp is 35°C , where as my closed case shown below, system temp is actually cooler at 30°C.   I try to keep the thermostat set at 74°F.

spacer.png

Closed case:

spacer.png