Connecting a desktop PC with Laptop through Router

PraneethMv
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
1 minute ago, PraneethMv said:

Hi! thanks for the reply.
Can you point me to any guide/video on file sharing? A bit new to this.

here is a guide, you can ask me questions, I have done this a lot https://pureinfotech.com/setup-network-file-sharing-windows-10/

Hi Guys!

Okay, so I have a huge folder on my laptop (around 110GB) which I want to transfer to my desktop PC. Now I can directly hook up my laptop to the desktop through a LAN Cable. But since my desktop is connected to my Router (D-Link DIR841) via LAN Cable already, I wanted to know if there is any way I can transfer that folder through the router (Assuming I will also connect my laptop to the router)

Any help appreciated!

Just now, PraneethMv said:

Hi Guys!

Okay, so I have a huge folder on my laptop (around 110GB) which I want to transfer to my desktop PC. Now I can directly hook up my laptop to the desktop through a LAN Cable. But since my desktop is connected to my Router (D-Link DIR841) via LAN Cable already, I wanted to know if there is any way I can transfer that folder through the router (Assuming I will also connect my laptop to the router)

Any help appreciated!

Just plug your laptop into a differnt port on the lan port of the router and it will work.

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Just plug your laptop into a differnt port on the lan port of the router and it will work.

Hi! thanks for the reply.
Can you point me to any guide/video on file sharing? A bit new to this.