Massive YouTube Bitcoin Hack - Currently Happening

12 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Not trying to victim shame here, but MFA should ALWAYS be used (I know there are ways around it), this is reminiscent of the Ring Alarm "hacks" that happened a while ago.

So turns out that MFA is what led to this happening. The hackers used a sim swap hack to get control of the accounts.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

So you are saying like repair shops could do this?

I am a victim in this, My YouTube account got hacked and I lost 200,000 subscribers, I had 2FA and everything and in those first few hours I was shitting myself. When I calmed down somewhat I tried reaching out everywhere, Google and YouTube live chat was a flop, I than found a google employee via discord and he helped me by submitting a request that my account was compromised. 24 hours later I received a "special" internal link to let me get back into my account, but the hacker had removed all my trusted devices, everything and for some reason it was not recognising my iP Address. YouTube had terminated my YouTube channel within 2 hours of it being compromised and the bitcoin live stream scam. I read online on the YouTube forums if that's the case, you have to wait a week, I did that, than managed to get into my account- when back in i got a lot of emails from YouTube of they removed my livestream than terminated my account and I can appeal. It has been 2 months now, and I have still got no response back from the YouTube team, I even posted on the YouTube forums with no response, which is very disappointing. If there is any YouTube Employee reading this, it would be highly appreciated if you helped me and the other major YouTuber's who have lost our accounts. Thank You