Does 15mhz clock make a difference

I'm planning on buying a 1660 Super and I found 2 options - ASUS TUF Gaming 1660 Super OC which has a boost clock of 1845mhz while the second option - Asus Dual 1660 Super OC EVO has a boost clock of 1860mhz making a difference of 15mhz. The TUF card is $10 cheaper and I'm wondering if 15mhz can make a noticeable difference and is it worth it at that price difference?

it wont make a difference because either card will actually run at even higher clocks if the cooler can keep up as the cards automatically OC themselves based on available power and cooling capacity

1 minute ago, Urvish said:

I'm planning on buying a 1660 Super and I found 2 options - ASUS TUF Gaming 1660 Super OC which has a boost clock of 1845mhz while the second option - Asus Dual 1660 Super OC EVO has a boost clock of 1860mhz making a difference of 15mhz. The TUF card is $10 cheaper and I'm wondering if 15mhz can make a noticeable difference and is it worth it at that price difference?

no 15mhz will not make a difference.  Core and boost clocks arent always the first thing to look at tho.  You should see if its a refrence pcb or custom they type of cooler they have on them and the power delivery system

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

ASUS TUF Gaming 1660 Super OC which has a boost clock of 1845mhz while the second option - Asus Dual 1660 Super OC EVO has a boost clock of 1860mhz making a difference of 15mhz.

the advertised clock speed is not what you'll get

you'll probably get higher, depending on the temperature of the cards, so the difference in advertised clock speed is not important

as for your question in general, 15 out of 1800 is like... 1%, basically negligible

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Doesn't make a difference; as GPU Boost 2.0 (included in all current Nvidia cards) will make the base clocks irrelevant.

The Dual is seen as an average/lower tier cooler, but I am not sure how well the TUF is regarded.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

19 minutes ago, Urvish said:

Alright so basically go for the cheaper card then?

go with whatever fits your

Aesthetics

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately