Monitor died and I need to find a replacement

ELSknutson

So my 32in 1440p IPS Display died and now I am searching for a replacement does anyone have any good recommendation for the sub $600 range.  My requirements are that its not TN,1440p, or less then 31.5in   I play WoW so I dont have allot of need for 1ms response times and I have been using a 60Hz for the longest so that does not bother me much either. I rather the panel look good then be on the bleeding edge. 

That monitor isn’t 1440p.  It’s an ultra wide.  Also it’s got sRGB and HDR. You’d need a video card manufactured 2019 or later just to drive them.

1440p@60hzx32” has become less popular.  Getting into TVs.  Mostly it’s the large size. Might have to go @120hz just to find something.  Used market maybe?  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That monitor isn’t 1440p.  It’s an ultra wide.  Also it’s got sRGB and HDR. You’d need a video card manufactured 2019 or later just to drive them.

1440p@60hzx32” has become less popular.  Getting into TVs.  Mostly it’s the large size. Might have to go @120hz just to find something.  Used market maybe?  

The monitor is 1440P at 60hz

12 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

The monitor is 1440P at 60hz

It’s 21:9 it literally can’t be 1440p

to quote from the bottom of the page

34WN80C-B 34” 21:9 Curved WQHD IPS Monitor

• 34 Inch 21:9 UltraWide Curved WQHD (3440 x 1440) IPS Display
  • sRGB 99% Color Gamut
  • USB-C with 60W PD
  • HDR 10 Compatibility 
  • 3-Side Virtually Borderless Design
  • Tilt and Height Adjustable Stand

3440 means it’s not 1440p. That’s a near 3k monitor not a 2k monitor.  It will be bigger. You might still be able to drive it of course.  I don’t know what card you have, so it might not matter for you.  sRGB and HDR will also want a video card capable of doing them, though HDR 10 is arguably not really HDR so you won’t be losing much there. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s 21:9 it literally can’t be 1440p

to quote from the bottom of the page

• sRGB 99% Color Gamut
  • USB-C with 60W PD
  • HDR 10 Compatibility 

3440 means it’s not 1440p. That’s a near 3k monitor not a 2k monitor.  It will be bigger. You might still be able to drive it of course.  I don’t know what card you have, so it might not matter for you.  sRGB and HDR will also want a video card capable of doing them, though HDR 10 is arguably not really HDR so you won’t be losing much there. 

• sRGB 99% Color Gamut
  • USB-C with 60W PD
  • HDR 10 Compatibility