AIO Recommendations

Hello Everyone,
I normally stray away from liquid cooling but with the case ( Silverstone CS381B) and Cpu (3900x) it is tough to find an aircooler that i could confidentally say will cool it.
I stay away from liquid coolers because I do not want it to leak and especially with this build  would be really horrible, So I am looking for a AIO liquid cooler that is reliable, can give me good temps, and isnt too expensive.

The biggest radiator that I can fit in the case is 240mm.
I will not need RGB or anything fancy just want to have it do its job. Thank you in advance for your help with this.

When it comes to AIO, I still exclusively with corsair. For me they've lasted longer, performed better, and offered better service in the event of a failure. Only problem is that they tend to be pricey.

Don't cheap out on a AIO either, get a 280mm(2x 140mm) or 360mm(3x 120mm) if you actually want something that can out perform an air cooler.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

2 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

When it comes to AIO, I still exclusively with corsair. For me they've lasted longer, performed better, and offered better service in the event of a failure. Only problem is that they tend to be pricey.

Don't cheap out on a AIO either, get a 280mm(2x 140mm) or 360mm(3x 120mm) if you actually want something that can out perform an air cooler.

I know that i should not cheap out on one because I need it to be reliable haha. I forgot to mention the clearance for AIO sizes is 240 mm.

I have a 360mm clc from EVGA. I think it's very good. I did change fans for corsair ones though. I had the 280mm in my intel system. They do have a 240mm if you'd like to look into those.

First watercooled System

Build Name: Frost

Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 1800R Curved Ultrawide 3440x1440 QD-OLED 157hz 10 bit 0.1ms

Chassis: Lian Li 011 Dynamic EVO w/ 2x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans on the bottom 1x120mm on back exhaust

Top Rad & Fans:  Corsair 54mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Side Rad & Fans: Corsair 30mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asrock X670E Steel Legend

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D w/ Corsair XC7 RGB Pro w/ Kyrosheet

Memory/RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 2x16GB 32GB 6000Mhz

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 4080 TUF w/ EK-Quantum Vector2 Nickel/Plexi & Backplate

Pump/Reservoir: Corsair XD5 RGB

Coolant: EK Mystic Fog

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & white cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe

WZ/2042 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition/Razer Mamba

Mouse Mat: Corsair MM700 RGB

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: Razer Blackshark v2 Pro

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Camera: Razer Kiyo Pro

7 minutes ago, ChaoticChaosx said:

I have a 360mm clc from EVGA. I think it's very good. I did change fans for corsair ones though. I had the 280mm in my intel system. They do have a 240mm if you'd like to look into those.

Awesome thank you,
So far im looking at these 3 CLCs
EVGA CLC 240mm 400-HY-CL24-V1

Corsair iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT

NZXT Kraken X53 240mm - RL-KRX53-01

On 8/3/2020 at 11:41 PM, dmankl said:

Awesome thank you,
So far im looking at these 3 CLCs
EVGA CLC 240mm 400-HY-CL24-V1

Corsair iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT

NZXT Kraken X53 240mm - RL-KRX53-01

Kraken I hear is good never experience with it though.

EK-AIO is really good as well. Forgot about that one. I've had the EVGA, EK and a deepcool. For me though (different situations depend) the EK and EVGA were about 5-8c difference on a delidded i7 7700K OC at 5.0ghz at 1.33v idle around 30c, under full load never hit above 65c.

First watercooled System

Build Name: Frost

Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 1800R Curved Ultrawide 3440x1440 QD-OLED 157hz 10 bit 0.1ms

Chassis: Lian Li 011 Dynamic EVO w/ 2x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans on the bottom 1x120mm on back exhaust

Top Rad & Fans:  Corsair 54mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Side Rad & Fans: Corsair 30mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asrock X670E Steel Legend

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D w/ Corsair XC7 RGB Pro w/ Kyrosheet

Memory/RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 2x16GB 32GB 6000Mhz

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 4080 TUF w/ EK-Quantum Vector2 Nickel/Plexi & Backplate

Pump/Reservoir: Corsair XD5 RGB

Coolant: EK Mystic Fog

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & white cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe

WZ/2042 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition/Razer Mamba

Mouse Mat: Corsair MM700 RGB

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: Razer Blackshark v2 Pro

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Camera: Razer Kiyo Pro

On 8/4/2020 at 5:14 AM, dmankl said:

Hello Everyone,
I normally stray away from liquid cooling but with the case ( Silverstone CS381B) and Cpu (3900x) it is tough to find an aircooler that i could confidentally say will cool it.
I stay away from liquid coolers because I do not want it to leak and especially with this build  would be really horrible, So I am looking for a AIO liquid cooler that is reliable, can give me good temps, and isnt too expensive.

I will not need RGB or anything fancy just want to have it do its job. Thank you in advance for your help with this.

3900x is not that hard to cool. Just throw in a large tower cooler and you will be fine.

Or does the hdd cage block cpu cooler when its full? The pics are quite useless.

On 8/3/2020 at 7:14 PM, dmankl said:

Hello Everyone,

Either CORSAIR H100i Pro XT or H100X will work well for what you are asking for.  Benefit of the Pro XT is that you can control and customize pump and fan speeds, and it comes with ML120 fans.  As far as your concerns about leaking, all our coolers come with a 5-year warranty and currently have policies in place should the very unlikely chance one does leak.  Let me know if you have any questions about the coolers.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone, Sorry have been busy with work. 

On 8/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, Jeppes said:

3900x is not that hard to cool. Just throw in a large tower cooler and you will be fine.

Or does the hdd cage block cpu cooler when its full? The pics are quite useless.

I was going to go with an air cooler but with the clearance of the CPU cooler being 59 mm its hard to find one that will fit and not too confident with cooling performance.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:32 AM, Caroline said:

It won't leak or die in 3 months unless you go for NZXT.

Corsair H100x/iV2 should work, if you can find one without all that RGB crap that just inflates the price.

Are you saying that NZXT's are likely to leak?

On 8/6/2020 at 12:40 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Either CORSAIR H100i Pro XT or H100X will work well for what you are asking for.  Benefit of the Pro XT is that you can control and customize pump and fan speeds, and it comes with ML120 fans.  As far as your concerns about leaking, all our coolers come with a 5-year warranty and currently have policies in place should the very unlikely chance one does leak.  Let me know if you have any questions about the coolers.

I will message you as I have questions that I would like to clarify.

Just now, Caroline said:

NZXT pumps are crap, even if they're from the same OEM than Corsair the failure rate is higher, somehow.

It's hard for a new AIO to leak, unless you bend the tubes so much a barb cracks and starts leaking. Be aware any AIO is likely to last 4-5 years no matter the brand, china ones might last for just 2 years due to inferior quality pumps, and there are no replacement parts except for the fans.

Awesome, I have never done liquid cooling but this time seems to be the best option for my situation.
How do you recognize its time to replace it besides it overheating and shutting down?

47 minutes ago, dmankl said:

Awesome, I have never done liquid cooling but this time seems to be the best option for my situation.
How do you recognize its time to replace it besides it overheating and shutting down?

noise can also be a hint.

8 hours ago, narrdarr said:

noise can also be a hint.

Awesome thanks !