Best Xbox controller?

spwath

Need a new controller for my PC to play rocket league. What's the best Xbox controller? Looking for something a bit more interesting than the stock Microsoft controller.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 minutes ago, OddOod said:

No question the Xbox Elite controller is the unequivocal best controller

but also insanely expensive. 

Most 3rd part controllers don't have the same quality as the 1st party microsoft ones and often feel cheap. question: why are you going for looks? when you are playing your game, you will not be looking at the controller. it will look cool on your desk, but you never actually see it while using it. 

Just now, Saksham said:

insanely expensive. 

STUPID money, but I love the feel of it in my hand. It was a graduation present to myself

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

4 minutes ago, Saksham said:

but also insanely expensive. 

Most 3rd part controllers don't have the same quality as the 1st party microsoft ones and often feel cheap. question: why are you going for looks? when you are playing your game, you will not be looking at the controller. it will look cool on your desk, but you never actually see it while using it. 

The standard Xbox controller is just boring. Something more interesting would be cool, and maybe there is something better

3 minutes ago, OddOod said:

STUPID money, but I love the feel of it in my hand. It was a graduation present to myself

Yeah, expensive, but I am considering it...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Honestly, given the amount of money I burned through trying to find something reliable, it would have been cheaper to go to the top from the outset

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

11 minutes ago, spwath said:

The standard Xbox controller is just boring. Something more interesting would be cool, and maybe there is something better

What do you mean by boring? You can get official coloured editions. I've got one of the phantom editions myself. You can also get customized controllers that have extra buttons.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Get the standard controller if you don't want to shell out for the Elite Series 2, and buy a custom skin for it.

10 hours ago, spwath said:

Need a new controller for my PC to play rocket league. What's the best Xbox controller? Looking for something a bit more interesting than the stock Microsoft controller.

Just get a special edition official one? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

I got a pair of PowerA enhanced xbox one controllers and they work great, 

They come with a long USB cable, and have two extra mapable buttons on the back of the controller.

It's pretty cheap at £25 a controller, or £20 for the standard one without the extra two buttons.