£800-1000 Complete System (inc Screen and Keyboard)

trif55

Budget (including currency): £800-1000 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Hell Let Loose, PubG, 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Edit: read a few things more and made some changes to the list I saw on Ebuyer's page the Gigabyte Board does support Ryzen 3 series, do you think I'd still need to flash? I don't have an earlier ryzen CPU to use

I've put this together but I have questions and am a little over budget, budget now achieved

1. I've just read that M.2 drives only make games load a few seconds faster than SATA so it's not worth the £40 extra for the 970 over the 860, Is there a better bang for your buck SSD to use as a boot drive? (1TB would be better but 500gb is ok, as a second drive can be purchased later as a steam library once space becomes an issue)
  2. Have I cut too many corners on the Mobo and PSU? is the Ryzen 3600 the right idea for this price? I know there are more competitive Intel products now, especially at this price which is non-OC components
  3. Memory is the same as the SSD, it's all I can afford for now and can get another 2x8 or 2x16 later
  4. I don't know a lot about budget monitors and what would be good, there are reviews for a similar TN panel but this IPS seems good?
  5. Same with the keyboard, no idea, I still love my ancient Logitech Deluxe 250, lol
  6. The case I'd go cheaper if someone can recommend? I went with about £25 on my last case and it was ok

Thanks

Edited by trif55

20 minutes ago, trif55 said:

Budget (including currency): £800-1000 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Hell Let Loose, PubG, 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I've put this together but I have questions and am a little over budget,

1. Is there a better bang for your buck SSD to use as a boot drive? (1TB would be better but 500gb is ok, as a second drive can be purchased later as a steam library once space becomes an issue)
  2. Have I cut too many corners on the Mobo and PSU? is the Ryzen 3600 the right idea for this price? I know there are more competitive Intel products now, especially at this price which is non-OC components
  3. Memory is the same as the SSD, it's all I can afford for now and can get another 2x8 or 2x16 later
  4. I don't know a lot about budget monitors and what would be good, there are reviews for a similar TN panel but this IPS seems good?
  5. Same with the keyboard, no idea, I still love my ancient Logitech Deluxe 250, lol
  6. The case I'd go cheaper if someone can recommend? I went with about £25 on my last case and it was ok

Thanks

This parts list is very good but maybe get an ASRock B450M Pro4 or even a B450 Mortar Max, you can also go B550 if you want the extra features.

You can definitely get cheaper SSDs, Samsung is overpriced, try the Crucial P1 500gb NVMe SSD, pretty sure it has 1Tb and 2Tb variants and is much cheaper.

Your case is fine but It wouldn't be my first pick but all this is subjective. For your PSU maybe a 650 or 700W unit? You're putting a 2070 in there after all. 

Also the AOC 24G2 is a great budget 144hz 1ms monitor, its also IPS all while being cheaper than that ViewSonic one and finally for your keyboard, you can pretty much get anything with your remaining budget otherwise this is very well thought out props off to you.

This is what I would recommend at this price point. The 3600 and any B450 MSI MAX will perform well. There are cheaper ssds than the 970 evo (like the Crucial P1) which are still good. I switched the 2070 out for a 5700 XT since it’s cheaper while still giving similar if not better performance, and it should be fine unless you wanted Raytracing, NVENC, or DLSS 2.0. I would get a better power supply than that, like the TXM 650 which for £30 more is much better. Otherwise everything else looks good.

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10

Thanks for the comments and tips guys, this is actually for a friend, I think the £1K is a stretch so I'm thinking of dropping down the GPU slightly, that means 1660 or 2060? I've got a 5700XT myself, maybe that would be a good compromise for him?

I've added the TXM thanks for that, it's nice and high on the tier list for a reasonable price

Som3a I know samsung are often more expensive, what 500gb 2.5" SATA ssd would you recommend? I know Cache is important so maybe Crucial MX500?

9 minutes ago, trif55 said:

Thanks for the comments and tips guys, this is actually for a friend, I think the £1K is a stretch so I'm thinking of dropping down the GPU slightly, that means 1660 or 2060? I've got a 5700XT myself, maybe that would be a good compromise for him?

I've added the TXM thanks for that, it's nice and high on the tier list for a reasonable price

Som3a I know samsung are often more expensive, what 500gb 2.5" SATA ssd would you recommend? I know Cache is important so maybe Crucial MX500?

SATA is more than enough for gaming but NVMe becoming mainstream and less expensive is something you should take advantage of, The MX500 is a great drive, TForce drives are good too but are also a bit on the expensive side so the Crucial P1 is honestly a great balance of speed and capacity. EDIT: sorry didn't notice you asked for SATA, I would go for ADATA drives or a Cruial MX500.

11 minutes ago, trif55 said:

As I said in my previous post if he’s looking for best performance he should get a 5700XT, but if he wants the extra features that the 2000 series gpus have then a 2060/2060S should fit in the budget.

If your looking for a sata ssd then a MX500, Western Digital Blue, or Team Group GX2 should be good. Whatever is reasonably priced.

pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10

1 minute ago, Shrekpad said:

As I said in my previous post if he’s looking for best performance he should get a 5700XT, but if he wants the extra features that the 2000 series gpus have then a 2060/2060S should fit in the budget.

If your looking for a sata ssd then a MX500, Western Digital Blue, or Team GX2 should be good. Whatever is reasonably priced.

Does the GX2 have a dram cache? I've been considering it myself to use it for my laptop which desperately needs an SSD

I've had some issues with my 5700 XT, though the last 6 months of drivers have resolved most of them, that's the only reason I was a little hesitant,

this is looking pretty solid now, thanks guys! 🙂 and only £9 over budget

40 minutes ago, Som3a said:

For your PSU maybe a 650 or 700W unit? You're putting a 2070 in there after all.

System won’t consume more than 350w at stupid loads (prime95 and furmark simultaneously). 

10 minutes ago, Som3a said:

Does the GX2 have a dram cache? I've been considering it myself to use it for my laptop which desperately needs an SSD

No it doesn’t, but it is still fairly cheap.

pc specs:
CPU: 

23 minutes ago, trif55 said:

For a little over 50 quid more you can get a much better motherboard, graphics card, case, and SSD.

The B450 DS3H will allow for basically no future CPU upgradability, the Crucial P1 uses QLC flash which is not optimal for an OS drive, the 5700XT TUF X3 is an abomination (unless your retailer can confirm whether it's the TUF X3 EVO, in which case it's usable but still much worse than the Red Dragon) and the SPEC-05 has quite a restrictive front panel, meaning it's not optimal for airflow.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC