B550 or X570?

I'm building my first system soon, I was thinking which is the better value? 

I plan to go micro-atx ryzen and I've never overclocked before, I know b550s are the latest compared to the X570s but in my county they are about the same price some even cheaper then certain b550s. 

Should I go for the "X" class or "B" class the only difference seems to be the amount of usb ports and better vrms *depending on certain brands. 

Watching isekai anime makes me wish that I could disappear into another world. 

Favorite anime : that time i got reincarnated as a slime 

It depends on which specific boards you're comparing to.  If the X570 mobos are the same or cheaper, no reason to not go X570.  B550 is only "newer" cos it got massively delayed.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

16 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

It depends on which specific boards you're comparing to.  If the X570 mobos are the same or cheaper, no reason to not go X570.  B550 is only "newer" cos it got massively delayed.

I understand that but quality wise I don't think b550 is in any way worse then X570 much right? 

3 minutes ago, AnimeFreeFan said:

I understand that but quality wise I don't think b550 is in any way worse then X570 much right? 

Quality no, the difference is in features.  Also depends which boards, there can be crappy x570 same as crappy b550 boards.  Its all depending on how much you pay and what specific features and parts are used.

10 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Quality no, the difference is in features.  Also depends which boards, there can be crappy x570 same as crappy b550 boards.  Its all depending on how much you pay and what specific features and parts are used.

I'm looking for something micro-atx or itx with plenty of usb 3s (using alot of wireless controllers). 

I was interested in asus's dtx till I realized it might not fit in the raijintek ophion evo I'm intrested in. 

2 minutes ago, AnimeFreeFan said:

I'm looking for something micro-atx or itx with plenty of usb 3s (using alot of wireless controllers). 

I was interested in asus's dtx till I realized it might not fit in the raijintek ophion evo I'm intrested in. 

What's your budget is by far the most important question lol.

Just now, Samfisher said:

What's your budget is by far the most important question lol.

I was thinking 3700X because they're on discount now so around $250 on mbs

17 minutes ago, AnimeFreeFan said:

I don't think any controllers require USB3 speeds.  Either way, going MATX would mean your motherboard choices with lots of USB ports will shrink considerably.  For MATX or smaller builds, there isn't much point going X570 cos you won't have space for enough devices to need the extra PCIE4 lanes on X570.

I can't check how much the Gigabyte B550M Auros Pro is, but the feature set seems pretty complete.

10 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

I don't think any controllers require USB3 speeds.  Either way, going MATX would mean your motherboard choices with lots of USB ports will shrink considerably.  For MATX or smaller builds, there isn't much point going X570 cos you won't have space for enough devices to need the extra PCIE4 lanes on X570.

I can't check how much the Gigabyte B550M Auros Pro is, but the feature set seems pretty complete.

Thanks, I'll look it up myself. With micro-atx I can add USB cards in for more USB with itx I can't because I'll need the pcie for gpu.