GTX 780 Ti turns screen black when it's pushed

Ambandion

Hey all

Hope you can somehow help me.

I bought a GTX 780 ti 3gb founders edition used, and the guy i bought it from did mention that it turns the monitor black once it get pushed, and he only used a 350watt psu.

So i thought it was that. So i bought it and pulled it apart to clean it and repaste it, and put it in my pc to test it. And it still does that.

I did do ddu to remove the driver and remove my GTX 1080 ti before installing the 780 ti and the drivers. but once i started up Heaven benchmark it turned my monitor black but the pc stayed on.

my system is:

2700x

32gb DDR4 3000mhz.

x570 master.

2tb gigabyte ssd m.2 gen4.

evga supernova 1000w 80+ gold.

2tb baracuda hdd.

GTX 1080 ti evga sc black edition.

Either the GPU core's on its way out, or the power delivery is. The VRMs on Nvidia reference cards back then were really subpar, so much so that you'll see lots of people with blown up VRMs on reference GTX 780s/780Tis and 980s/980Tis online.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC