My pc running super slow all of a sudden

III_ELITE_lll
19 minutes ago, III_ELITE_lll said:

I turned on my pc this morning and it seems to be running fine. I don’t know what happened yesterday but everything is running how it should except for chrome not opening unless I run it as administrator. ( i am saying this again and quoting you so you will see the notification.)

Not the first time I've seen this type of behavior. Unfortunately I haven't learned the cause of this type of behavior either.

The only advice I can give is we can continue testing if the symptoms return. Until then just look for anything suspicious.

Chrome forcing you to Run as Admin is weird but I have seen this type of issue before as well. You can try re-installing Chrome if you like. Don't run the installer as admin unless it forces you to.

1 hour ago, III_ELITE_lll said:

I turned on my pc this morning and it seems to be running fine. I don’t know what happened yesterday but everything is running how it should except for chrome not opening unless I run it as administrator. ( i am saying this again and quoting you so you will see the notification.)

Well if it was a virus as others suggested, then I'd still run a boot time scan with Windows Defender, and maybe do a full time scan with something like malwarebytes just to be sure. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Not the first time I've seen this type of behavior. Unfortunately I haven't learned the cause of this type of behavior either.

The only advice I can give is we can continue testing if the symptoms return. Until then just look for anything suspicious.

Chrome forcing you to Run as Admin is weird but I have seen this type of issue before as well. You can try re-installing Chrome if you like. Don't run the installer as admin unless it forces you to.

First off I really do appreciate you guys helping me through the process.Chrome won’t let me delete it because windows says it needs to finish removing other software. I deleted a program about 2 hours before this and it was less than 50kb. So I don’t know why windows is acting weird. 

1 hour ago, BlackManINC said:

Well if it was a virus as others suggested, then I'd still run a boot time scan with Windows Defender, and maybe do a full time scan with something like malwarebytes just to be sure. 

I tried a full antivirus test and Norton found nothing so i don’t know. I did a full windows reinstall a couple days ago so I don’t know what could be wrong. Thanks for the suggestion

4 minutes ago, III_ELITE_lll said:

First off I really do appreciate you guys helping me through the process.Chrome won’t let me delete it because windows says it needs to finish removing other software. I deleted a program about 2 hours before this and it was less than 50kb. So I don’t know why windows is acting weird. 

Sometimes restarting the computer then immediately attempting to remove an application helps/works when it complains that something is preventing it from uninstalling.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Sometimes restarting the computer then immediately attempting to remove an application helps/works when it complains that something is preventing it from uninstalling.

ok ill try that