I accidentally turned my router into a repeater and can't access it.

JovanDj

Yesterday I accessed my router via PC to see connected devices and I kept digging trough the settings so I found something like repeater mode and thought I should try it. It worked. My router is now just passing another Wi-Fi signal but how do I turn it back. It wont let me access it when I try to type its IP into the browser it is not responding, but when I try to access it by typing in IP of the router whose signal it is passing I can access another router but not the one that I turned into a repeater. Provider told me to factory reset it but it is in the attic and hard to access so is there any way that I can access it trough IP and toggle off repeater mode or not? I am sorry because my English but I hope that you understand it and be able to give me some tips.

It is Tenda router, sadly I don't remember the model number but it's management page looked like this.

maxresdefault.jpg

hold the reset button

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 minutes ago, Velcade said:

hold the reset button

The router is hard to access and I'd rather not go there if there is a way to access it's admin terminal remotely.

Yeah most devices will have a reset button ... use a paper clip or something to press down on the button.

Some devices need you to unplug, push the button and hold it pressed while plugging power back in ... release after around 5-10s

Just now, JovanDj said:

The router is hard to access and I'd rather not go there if there is a way to access it's admin terminal remotely.

Go up there... Learn from your mistakes.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Just now, Velcade said:

Go up there... Learn from your mistakes.

That is the whole point I wanna learn something.

2 minutes ago, JovanDj said:

That is the whole point I wanna learn something.

Doing some googling I think once you have enabled it is no longer accessible and will need to be hard reset, I could be wrong though.