What Brand Gtx 660 Ti Should I Get?

Hi guys, I'm gonna buy a GTX 660 Ti on my birthday, but I don't know what brand I should buy. My friend has a Palit GTX 660 Ti Jetsream OC, he told me it was good, but I don't know, Asus' DirectCU II cooler might be better, and MSi's power edition thing may be good too. And maybe you guys know some other branded GTX 660 Ti that may be good too? I need help :P

Asus and MSI are great brands but have you considered the EVGA Superclocked+?

Asus and MSI are great brands but have you considered the EVGA Superclocked+?

Oh yeah, completely forgot about EVGA. A lot of people say that it's a good brand, but can you tell me some like, pro's and con's of EVGA? I'll take EVGA's SC+ into consideration.

Have you considered something like an HD 7950 3GB? it's significantly faster & costs the same + you get a bunch of free games bundled with the card to play on your birthday.

I was faced with the same decision, and went with the MSI 7950, I was so happy with my choice, although I did have a few problems with driver compatibility with DX9 games, however they seemed to have been fixed or the problems have reduced by using the new 13.4 driver. Would strongly recommend this option.

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

Have you considered something like an HD 7950 3GB? it's significantly faster & costs the same + you get a bunch of free games bundled with the card to play on your birthday.

Yes, It's just that Nvidia cards are kinda easier to find here in the Philippines, and it has PhysX. The 7950 does get higher performance and has a bunch of games with it, but it's kinda harder to find :(

Well the EVGA has a high overclock and you further overclock it and con is the cooler.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

MSi is an awesome brand.  I am using their 560ti hawk editions in SLi and I love them.  A HUGE pro for EVGA has got to be their warranty.  I suggest getting a non reference card.  Something with a good cooler so you can overclock.  It's free performance.

Id go with the Asus GTX 660 Ti Direct CU 2

Ive written a review...

Here - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12039-review-asus-gtx-660-ti-direct-cu-2/

My Rig- 

• CPU - Intel Core i7 3770
  • Motherboard - Asus P8Z77 V Pro
  • RAM - 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz
  • GPU - Asus GTX 660 Ti DC2 @ 1100Mhz Boost
  • PSU - Corsair HX650
  • Case - Corsair 500R White Edition
  • CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
  • Monitor - Samsung S22B370H 21.5'' 1080p
  • HDD - Seagate 1TB @ 7200rpm
  • Optical Drive - LG DVD Writer
  • Keyboard Mouse - Logitech MK200 

EVGA, MSI, ASUS, GIGABYTE are all good brands. :)

usually try to go for the big 4 companies/

people only go for the other brands because they can be cheaper.

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

Hi guys, I'm gonna buy a GTX 660 Ti on my birthday, but I don't know what brand I should buy. My friend has a Palit GTX 660 Ti Jetsream OC, he told me it was good, but I don't know, Asus' DirectCU II cooler might be better, and MSi's power edition thing may be good too. And maybe you guys know some other branded GTX 660 Ti that may be good too? I need help :P

zotac 660ti amp edition. highest factory clock. nice thermal perfromance too.

I would get the EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2 because it is pretty nice factory overclocked card with its dual fan heatsink. Here is a youtube review on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dvGWT7tOc4

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Well the EVGA has a high overclock and you further overclock it and con is the cooler.

I would get the EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2 because it is pretty nice factory overclocked card with its dual fan heatsink. Here is a youtube review on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dvGWT7tOc4

Thanks so much guys, I think I'm gonna mainly look for the EVGA Dual-fan 660 Ti now :)

zotac 660ti amp edition. highest factory clock. nice thermal perfromance too.

I think that card's a bit on the louder side, though, and kinda harder to find here :/

Thanks so much, I'm mainly gonna look for the EVGA Dual-fan now, but since Asus cards are easier to find, this is my 2nd option :)

Both Asus and EVGA are great brands with good customer support. You will not be disappointed with either card. But IMO, the Asus Card is quieter.

My Rig- 

• CPU - Intel Core i7 3770
  • Motherboard - Asus P8Z77 V Pro
  • RAM - 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz
  • GPU - Asus GTX 660 Ti DC2 @ 1100Mhz Boost
  • PSU - Corsair HX650
  • Case - Corsair 500R White Edition
  • CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
  • Monitor - Samsung S22B370H 21.5'' 1080p
  • HDD - Seagate 1TB @ 7200rpm
  • Optical Drive - LG DVD Writer
  • Keyboard Mouse - Logitech MK200 

I'm loving my MSI 660Ti, overclocks pretty good stock and it is a beast with an unlocked Bios. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I personally have a Galaxy 660Ti GC 3GB and it is really good. I got it because it has 3GB of VRAM, a nonreference black PCB, and custom dual fan cooler. It stays very cool under load and coolds down very fast. It handles tripple monitors with about 1.1GB of ram used while i am playing MW3, yes MW3. It overclocks really good to. I have 1124 on GPU Boost, 1012 on GPU voltage, 6108 on memory clock, 120 on the power target and fan spped on auto. It doesn't cross 50 degrees under load. The only downside is that there isn't a full cover water block for it.

The VRAm should be a major factor for your choice. 2GB is not sufficient for growth in my book.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.