water cooling case

Go to solution Solved by Ravendarat,

Loop order makes no discernible difference, literally just run your tubing the cleanest way you can. 

6 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

just looking at it,

the radiator mounting won't be a problem, getting air to anything mounted at the front will be

on the manufacturer's website the gallary section the front mesh seems quite airy i believe 

Also going off topic but can someone just plan a loop for me ??

Specs are ryzen 5 3600XT

GPU -- RX 5700XT LIQUID DEVIL

MSI B550 TOMAHAWK

TUBING PREFERENCE IS SOFT TUBING

10 minutes ago, hackgod said:

Specs are ryzen 5 3600XT

MSI B550 TOMAHAWK

Heatkiller 4 block all metal 

soft tubing from alphacool

Enermax neo pump

you already have a card with a waterblock

Rad just get one from blackice or alphacool get a 45mm one 

Fitings I do like the EK ones 

1 minute ago, Xkillerpn said:

Heatkiller 4 block all metal 

soft tubing from alphacool

Enermax neo pump

you already have a card with a waterblock

Rad just get one from blackice or alphacool get a 45mm one 

Fitings I do like the EK ones 

can you do an all EK one ??

5 minutes ago, hackgod said:

can you do an all EK one ??

JUst go to the ek site and use the configurator if you want ek

13 hours ago, Xkillerpn said:

JUst go to the ek site and use the configurator if you want ek

i have done my homework and  chosen the cpu block but i am confused in which soft tubing and the corresponding fitting should i get . Also does ek ship the fittings with the water block or do you have to buy as a standalone product ??

P.S I want soft tubing but which one should i choose ??

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/checkout/cart/

Edited by hackgod
updated the cart with fittings

Clicking your link doesnt work for us because we arent logged into your account. Can you screen shot it and post those pictures?

22 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Clicking your link doesnt work for us because we arent logged into your account. Can you screen shot it and post those pictures?

image.thumb.png.2f1ed351b18725825d893f49c58efbe6.png

yeah , sorry!

Only thing you are missing are fans for the rads if you dont already have them, and yes you are correct in that the water blocks dont include any fittings. You might want to consider adding a drain port of some kind, if you do than you will need to add on a t fitting for that.

3 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Only thing you are missing are fans for the rads if you dont already have them, and yes you are correct in that the water blocks dont include any fittings. You might want to consider adding a drain port of some kind, if you do than you will need to add on a t fitting for that.

are the plugs for rads and pump included? I have 6 corsair ml fans.

You should need no plugs for the rads as they only have two outlets on them, on for in and one for out and you will use both with the fittings you listed. Unfortunately I havent used that pump/res combo and I cant tell from the picture if it needs plugs and how many and if they are included. The plugs are like $1.99 each so you could just order half a dozen of them to be safe.

Just now, Ravendarat said:

You should need no plugs for the rads as they only have two outlets on them, on for in and one for out and you will use both with the fittings you listed. Unfortunately I havent used that pump/res combo and I cant tell from the picture if it needs plugs and how many and if they are included. The plugs are like $1.99 each so you could just order half a dozen of them to be safe.

OK

Also how should i plan my loop? Like i know the idea that we should follow the loop order of input to output technique but... anything else that i need to keep in mind while building the loop?

Loop order makes no discernible difference, literally just run your tubing the cleanest way you can. 

11 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

But if there is no loop order, then won't the temperatures rise ?

25 minutes ago, hackgod said:

But if there is no loop order, then won't the temperatures rise ?

You end up normalising temperatures (soak) throughout the loop, so no...

Order doesn't matter as long as the reservoir is higher than the pump. Just set the order which makes the most sense (convenience/looks).

27 minutes ago, Blai5e said:

You end up normalising temperatures (soak) throughout the loop, so no...

Order doesn't matter as long as the reservoir is higher than the pump. Just set the order which makes the most sense (convenience/looks).

Thanks! You cleared my mind.

I do watercooling for many years 2007 i think , and go with a all metal block. In time any plastic or acrilic will crack and you will get water droped on that gpu. Just an advice.

Okay so I thought about how to route the loop aesthetically but couldn't find any ideas.....so please help me.

The case is Deepcool Matrexx 50 Tempered glass. @Ravendarat @Xkillerpn ??

On 7/28/2020 at 1:29 PM, Xkillerpn said:

In time any plastic or acrilic will crack and you will get water droped on that gpu. Just an advice.

Acrylic only usually cracks if you overtighten fittings, flame polish it carelessly, or otherwise abuse it. POM/Acetal basically doesn't at all.

13 hours ago, hackgod said:

Okay so I thought about how to route the loop aesthetically but couldn't find any ideas.....so please help me.

The case is Deepcool Matrexx 50 Tempered glass. @Ravendarat @Xkillerpn ??

So my $0.02:

1. You probably need to have the front 360mm radiator with both ports at the top if you want to retain the PSU shroud.
  2. The biggest challenge I can see is locating the pump/res combo. Depending on your GPU choice I don't know whether there will be enough space between the GPU and the front radiator & fans for a pump/res combo and mounting hardware. I'd double check dimensions with the Liquid Devil, the EK140 res/pump and front radiator just to make sure you've got space to play with.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

1 hour ago, HM-2 said:

Acrylic only usually cracks if you overtighten fittings, flame polish it carelessly, or otherwise abuse it. POM/Acetal basically doesn't at all.

So my $0.02:

1. You probably need to have the front 360mm radiator with both ports at the top if you want to retain the PSU shroud.
  2. The biggest challenge I can see is locating the pump/res combo. Depending on your GPU choice I don't know whether there will be enough space between the GPU and the front radiator & fans for a pump/res combo and mounting hardware. I'd double check dimensions with the Liquid Devil, the EK140 res/pump and front radiator just to make sure you've got space to play with.

The pump is the EK classic pump res combo 160 pwm DRGB

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-classic-pump-reservoir-160-spc-pwm-d-rgb

@HM-2 Apparently the case can fit graphics cards upto  370mm and the liquid devil is 240mm long so i don't think that the graphics card will cause any issue.

On 7/27/2020 at 8:39 AM, hackgod said:

Specs are ryzen 5 3600XT

MSI B550 TOMAHAWK

I might be a little biased or off base here, but other than anesthetics there isn't much reason to watercool what i consider a mid rangish system. You could easily sink the 600-800 this custom loop will cost to greatly increase your builds performance and just stick to air.

Now if you were starting with a 3900-3950x with a 2080ti or something then tossing th money on top isnt keeping you from a substantially more powerful system.

15 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I might be a little biased or off base here, but other than anesthetics there isn't much reason to watercool what i consider a mid rangish system. You could easily sink the 600-800 this custom loop will cost to greatly increase your builds performance and just stick to air.

Now if you were starting with a 3900-3950x with a 2080ti or something then tossing th money on top isnt keeping you from a substantially more powerful system.

You are right @AngryBeaver but I want to overclock both the CPU+GPU but still retain the silentness by running the fans at low RPM

33 minutes ago, hackgod said:

You are right @AngryBeaver but I want to overclock both the CPU+GPU but still retain the silentness by running the fans at low RPM

A good air cooler on cpu will be quiet and honestly you picked the wrong platform if you want to "OC" on the cpu. The AMD cpus are limited on OC headroom and in most cases the boosting they do will yield better performance in most cases.

As for the GPU this again depends on the cooler on it, but some are already pretty quiet even at higher rpms. If you are looking for good temps and sound characteristics... then get a hybrid card with an AIO already attached or just get a card and slap on one.  Fro. What you would save you could get a 2070s, 2080s, or 2080 TI hybrid card. 

So I still would recommend nice air cooler for cpu and a hybrid card for gpu. You save money and get a faster computer in the end.