I SCREWED up my new 2TB HDD !! HELP !!

Got a new WD Blue 2TB 5400 some days back. Connected it, initialized it to GPT. Went to make a new NTFS partition, it stuck. Restarted the pc. Went to Disk Management again.

Initialize popped up again !

Again I selected GPT. Got this error- data error cyclic redundancy check. Checked the disk with crystaldisk, It said cautious. I contacted the shop and returned the drive. Got one in replacement.

Did the same thing to the new drive. Got the same thing. Restarted the PC.  Went to diskpart. Got The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. And it shows 0.00KB.

Other softwares show the same. Crystaldisk now can't even see the drive. I tried initializing to GPT and MBR. Same I/O error.

What can I do ?

*The cables are tight. I switched the sata and power cables with my ssd and other hdd. No connection problem.

*There is no physical damage.

Screenshfot_1.png

Screenshot_13.png

Screenshot_15.png

Screenshot_16.png

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

return it , and never buy drives there again.

Can't do that, They are a trusted shop. And already returned one. This will go into warranty. And that will take long time to fix. That's why I need to fix it myself !

Are you sure they didn't just send you the same disk back? Did you note the serialnumber?

And: even if not, if they send you another defect disk, you still can return it and ask for a working one. And this time note the serialnumber.

2 minutes ago, niajmorshed said:

This will go into warranty. And that will take long time to fix. That's why I need to fix it myself !

it's a hard drive , do you have a cleanroom to fix it in?

4 minutes ago, Korben said:

Are you sure they didn't just send you the same disk back? Did you note the serialnumber?

And: even if not, if they send you another defect disk, you still can return it and ask for a working one. And this time note the serialnumber.

I did check the SN. Its a new one. And I checked it with Crystaldisk before doing all these. It showed the drive was totally new and ok. I think the drives were already MBR. And I initialized them with GPT. This created the problem!?

7 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

you did nothing wrong, it's the shopkeeper who is ripping you off by giving you faulty drives. I have some old drive lying around which has similar issues and from i can see (as you could) i think your pc and everything else is alright as you checked your ssd with same stable and port

The problem is, I checked the drive with Crystaldisk before doing all these and it was perfectly fine. Startup count was 1, run hour was 0. So seems like its new !

5 minutes ago, Korben said:

Well, if it's not the disk, it may be the SATA controller... I don't see you doing anything wrong.. If the SATA SSD is working fine, and you said you switched cables between SSD and HDD, so it's not the cables.

You can try the WD diagonse tool: https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6226

OK let me test it !

8 minutes ago, Korben said:

Well, if it's not the disk, it may be the SATA controller... I don't see you doing anything wrong.. If the SATA SSD is working fine, and you said you switched cables between SSD and HDD, so it's not the cables.

You can try the WD diagonse tool: https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6226

Sh!t why doesn't it show SN ?! (The first one)

Screenshot_17.png

21 minutes ago, niajmorshed said:

I did check the SN. Its a new one. And I checked it with Crystaldisk before doing all these. It showed the drive was totally new and ok. I think the drives were already MBR. And I initialized them with GPT. This created the problem!?

No, you can't cause physical damage to a drive by writing digital data on it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

No, you can't cause physical damage to a drive by writing digital data on it.

Ya that's what I'm saying.

When I try to erase it with WD software, Says this and fails. :)

Screenshot_18.png

To me it look's like it is defect, sorry. Maybe your retailer has a bad batch of these drives (happens)... I don't know what else to check.

6 minutes ago, Korben said:

To me it look's like it is defect, sorry. Maybe your retailer has a bad batch of these drives (happens)... I don't know what else to check.

Agreed ! Anyway thanks !

If anyone can think of any other solution, plz help !