Best Windows 10 Software Mid - 2020 [Basic Software]

These software may not work for everyone but according to me these software's strikes a middle ground between Performance and somewhat a Modern UI.

FILE MANAGEMENT

• 7zip

• WinRAR

• Ninite - (It's a website which can Install and Update popular applications in one go. It's really cool and everyone should use it.)

FILE BROWSING (Honestly, there are some useful software out there like QTTABBAR which adds functionality to the Windows File Explorer, but I find them Clunky and unreliable)

• Files UWP - (Modern file explorer. The app is still in very early stages but this is what Microsoft should have made in the first place)

• Everything - (Instant computer searching. Much better than the default Windows search.)

WEB BROWSING

• Microsoft Edge - ( Before Hating please try it out. Microsoft's new version of Edge is a complete rebuild with new features, better performance, and cross-platform support and one of the best alternative to Chrome)

• UBlock Orgin - (ADBLOCKER)

• RES - Reddit Enhancement Suite

ANTIVIRUS / ANTISPY TOOL FOR WINDOWS 10 (I don't use antivirus personally because some common sense is enough to protect your PC, but the 2nd one is INSANE)

• Malwarebytes

• O&O ShutUP10 (Protect you privacy using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated. The Interface is really simple and its easy to use. This is according to me a must have software. )

MUSIC/VIDEO

• Pot Player

• VLC (I recommend Pot Player over VLC because the features are similar and the UI is way more modern)

IMAGE VIEWER

• Image Glass - A simple-to-use program that comes packed with basic functions and a nice minimal modern user interface. (The Default windows Photos app is so slow and other ones which I saw have terrible UI)

PDF VIEWER (I don't have much knowledge on this but still here are a few recommendations )

VIDEO/AUDO/PHOTO EDITORS

FILE SHARING / TRANSFERRING

• Send Anywhere - (Hands down this is like Airdrop but for Everyone. It's so simple, quick, useful and the most easiest way to transfer files in the same or different network across every device.)

• SnapDrop - (Similar to airdrop and send-anywhere but little less convenient and uses local file sharing in your browser )

MISC

• FDM - (FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER)

• HandBrake (It's a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs. )

• PWA's for many apps like Instagram, WhatsApp etc.

I WILL ADD AND EDIT FREQUENTLY

Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 10:19 PM, MathewBijuBuz said:

I don't use antivirus personally because some common sense is enough to protect your PC,

Don't want to hijack this, but common sense is absolutely not enough.

It doesn't protect from:

• Network attacks (windows firewall is terrible as it can be disabled using a simple script)
  • Hijacked webpages. I remember classic shell's website started serving malware a while back and nothing would give you the hint it was malware until you ran it and your pc because toasted.

Malware bytes free isn't very good. It doesn't have 0 day protection as far as I know and no real time protection. I would recommend sophos free or bitdefender free. Both are amazing. 

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks