Ryzen 5 3600 not booting up

samk28

Hello guys, Please help me troubleshoot this.

My specs:
b450 Aorus Pro wifi
Ryzen 5 3600
Hyper X furry 8*2 3200 Mhz
Gigabyte 700H
Gtx 1660 Super

I assembled main components on motherboard box and did post but PC didnt start. Everytime I jumped my PC, red led flashes on the motherboard (CPU one). No case fan and no cooler fan is working. I got my PSU changed but that didn't change the scene.

Weird thing: Once I removed CPU 8 pin header, case, GPU, and heatsink fan started working. Now red led is continous on motherboard.

I have checked all the connections multiple times, used single ram stick, dual ram stick, changed slots, Checked CPU pins for damage, golden triangle is perfectly matched, PSU is working, Motherboard is 3000 ready (Written on the box itself).

Please help me out.

If the motherboard turns over when the CPU 8-pin is disconnected I would question the CPU, Motherboard, or perhaps a standoff under the motherboard that shouldn't be there.

Do you have another CPU that works in the socket or another motherboard compatible with the CPU?

No, I don't have any extra components. This my first ever build. Motherboard is placed over the cardboard box. I also suspect CPU fault but this is a brand new component with no sign of physical damage.

Have you checked that the motherboard is compatible with Ryzen 3000 series out of the box? If it's a 450, maybe it needs a BIOS update before it is compatible with the 3rd generation Ryzen. I would check the manufacturer's website for this info.

10 hours ago, AmericanPolarBear said:

Have you checked that the motherboard is compatible with Ryzen 3000 series out of the box? If it's a 450, maybe it needs a BIOS update before it is compatible with the 3rd generation Ryzen. I would check the manufacturer's website for this info.

Yes, it's b450 chipset motherboard. I guess it's compatible as box comes with 3000 Ready sticker.