Any advice on over clocking Corsair vengeance 16gb Ram

Hi all,

looking for an easy guide to overclocking some Ram I bought this week 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB PRO Black, PC4-28800 (3600), Non-ECC Unbuff, CAS 18, 1.35V, AMD Ryzen Optimised 

I'm  running this on a gigabyte ABN 350n board (I think!?) and I know I can set a custom xmp in bios but wanted to know if anyone is using this ram and what they set it at? 

please be gentle I'm not overly Windows savvy 😃

thanks in advance for any advice 👍🏻

What cpu exactly?

You can just set xmp and it'll be set to it's advertised speeds. But that depends on the imc as well and it's capabilities. But for the most part. If you set xmp on it should run at it's advertised speeds. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What cpu exactly?

You can just set xmp and it'll be set to it's advertised speeds. But that depends on the imc as well and it's capabilities. But for the most part. If you set xmp on it should run at it's advertised speeds. 

I'm running a Ryzen 5 2400 I believe but will check when home 👍🏻

Just now, NoEyeDeer said:

I believe but will check when home 👍🏻

Well enable xmp and it should set it to the advertised frequency. Do note that zen 1's imc which is what the 2400 has might not be able to get to 3600. So you might need to mess with voltages or start with a slower frequency and woke your way to up 3600. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Well enable xmp and it should set it to the advertised frequency. Do note that zen 1's imc which is what the 2400 has might not be able to get to 3600. So you might need to mess with voltages or start with a slower frequency and woke your way to up 3600. 

I believe its called DOCP or EOCP on AMD motherboards.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Just now, Alex Atkin UK said:

I believe its called DOCP or EOCP on AMD motherboards.

Some call it xmp as well. But it's the same thing either way. 

Build Log: