Temperature peaks on aio

Hey community!

While benchmarking my new gpu I made a discovery:

- while 3DMark startup the peak temp. rises to 80-95°C (176-203°F) for about one second.

- while 3DMark Timespy cpu benchmark it sits constantly around 90-95°C with a peak at 97.2°C (194-203°F, ^207°F)

- while Anno 1800 DX12 benchmark it peaks at 84°C (183°F) but normaly stays at ~76°C (~169°F)

Should I replace the aio?

It's a top mounted three year old enermax LIQMAX II 240mm with bequiet! silent wings 3 on a i7 7700k 5Ghz.
I'm aware of the fact, that air coolers are raw performance wise a better choice but I rock a small formfactor atx config with a vertical gpu mount so air is not an option.

Thanks for your help! ^_^

Sounds like its probably thermal throttling. If you can verify the pump is working, replacing the TIM doesn't help, and there's no major buildup of dust on the radiator then you can try replacing the AIO.

5.0GHz is a pretty good O.C. though. More effective cooling may just be necessary.

those thermals aren't great, but 5.0GHz is a pretty hefty overclock, and considering it's a small formfactor case, I'm not terribly surprised that's it's hot. if it isn't throttling, it probably isn't a huge deal

doesn't enermax coolers have a problem gunk building up inside the coolers..?

edit:

at least more than others