3D PRINTING SERVICE NEEDED

I have created a device to limit the amount of people in small spaces. I plan to sell this to small businesses at no profit. I have programmed it and designed a CAD model for the box the device is in. I need to find a good 3D printing service that ships within a week and is cheap. I have already tried shapeways, 3dhubs, and other places but those are all commercial and charge like $100. The device itself only cost less than $30 to make so the max I would spend on the enclosure would be $10. Any ideas. Also did I mention this would be made for my high school and my district when we return to ensure safety. The dimensions are roughly 184mm in length but not all of it is filled 147mm deep again not all is filled. The height is 90.2mm again not all is filled. Also the box is hollow. Evermore there is space between the parts because one part is attached after printing. The file is below also please dont use the file for any other purpose. 

Mighty Amberis-Bojo (2).stl

16 minutes ago, Varun1 said:

I have created a device to limit the amount of people in small spaces. I plan to sell this to small businesses at no profit. I have programmed it and designed a CAD model for the box the device is in. I need to find a good 3D printing service that ships within a week and is cheap. I have already tried shapeways, 3dhubs, and other places but those are all commercial and charge like $100. The device itself only cost less than $30 to make so the max I would spend on the enclosure would be $10. Any ideas. Also did I mention this would be made for my high school and my district when we return to ensure safety. The dimensions are roughly 184mm in length but not all of it is filled 147mm deep again not all is filled. The height is 90.2mm again not all is filled. Also the box is hollow. Evermore there is space between the parts because one part is attached after printing. The file is below also please dont use the file for any other purpose. 

Mighty Amberis-Bojo (2).stl 470.49 kB · 2 downloads

For something like that it's not very viable to 3D print since the part is spanning such a large open space at the top leaving you the need to use a lot of support. This kind of part would be best suited for laser cutting using acrylic panels that you either bolt or design to interlock/snap together, 

If you want to get it printed I would recommend to split the box down the center so you have two halves that can be printed flat on the bed without the need for support and then join the two halves to make the box. Adding a rabbit or lip so they key together is a good design option. 

-Moved to Modding Section-

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

For something like that it's not very viable to 3D print since the part is spanning such a large open space at the top leaving you the need to use a lot of support. This kind of part would be best suited for laser cutting using acrylic panels that you either bolt or design to interlock/snap together, 

If you want to get it printed I would recommend to split the box down the center so you have two halves that can be printed flat on the bed without the need for support and then join the two halves to make the box. Adding a rabbit or lip so they key together is a good design option. 

Thanks so much I will cut it in half!! 

5 hours ago, Varun1 said:

high school and my district

do any of them have 3d printers?

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

25 minutes ago, sub68 said:

do any of them have 3d printers?

Yes, but we cant access them. Unless we are going to ask the maintenance crew to do it but I don't think they know how. 

@sub68

@W-L

I decided actually to get it laser cutted as it only cost me like $9 when I get 5 of them. This would work better right. I plan on super gluing them together. The .svg is below. Smashing Juttuli.svg

I realized there is trouble opening it so go to ponoko.com and upload the file. 

On 7/23/2020 at 11:21 AM, W-L said:

10 hours ago, Varun1 said:

@sub68

@W-L

I decided actually to get it laser cutted as it only cost me like $9 when I get 5 of them. This would work better right. I plan on super gluing them together. The .svg is below. Smashing Juttuli.svg

That looks alright there is an extra line I see going to one of the square openings you will want to remove, one thing to remember is to leave extra tolerance for the cut to ensure your parts will fit in those openings. As for the assembly I would personally use some simple dovetails or joints on the acrylic so they physically lock together and then adding some extra CA glue will help hold it in place. 

Laser-cut acrylic case for Bus Pirate v3.6 : Luke Cyca Dot Calm

31 minutes ago, W-L said:

That looks alright there is an extra line I see going to one of the square openings you will want to remove, one thing to remember is to leave extra tolerance for the cut to ensure your parts will fit in those openings. As for the assembly I would personally use some simple dovetails or joints on the acrylic so they physically lock together and then adding some extra CA glue will help hold it in place. 

Laser-cut acrylic case for Bus Pirate v3.6 : Luke Cyca Dot Calm

Thanks so much you been a big help.