Cooling intake problem

Sowano

Hey, so im using a NZXT H510 case and i have a Corsair H100x AiO and i accedently made the fans in the front , exhaust the air instead so when i changed that, i suddenly noticed that my pc got like 5-9 celcius hotter, any reasons why?

my gpu with intake fans in the front (which should be the ideal air flow everyone has) gives me hotter temperature in the pc, than when i had exhaust fans in the front , around 80 on load

3 minutes ago, Sowano said:

Hey, so im using a NZXT H510 case and i have a Corsair H100x AiO and i accedently made the fans in the front , exhaust the air instead so when i changed that, i suddenly noticed that my pc got like 5-9 celcius hotter, any reasons why?

my gpu with intake fans in the front (which should be the ideal air flow everyone has) gives me hotter temperature in the pc, than when i had exhaust fans in the front , around 80 on load

iirc that case has restrictive front intake, even the manufacturer puts the stock fans at the top and rear as exhaust, no fans in the front

i believe steve from gamer's nexus did some test (correct me if im wrong)

but using the stock config actually yields better temps, compared to the traditional 1 intake 1 exhaust

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

But what do i do with my AiO cooler? I mean should i buy a new chassi or?

Put it back where it was and pull the filter because it’s useless anyway?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I assume you have open-air style GPU. So it has two or more fans on the side as intake and it exhausts to every direction. So ofc having exhaust fan right next to heatsink makes things better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The nzxt h500 works better with negative pressure.  The fresh air comes from the unused pcie slots below the gpu so an all exhaust config should be better for that case. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD