Is CM MWE bronze 650w V2 good ?

Hello guys I had I THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W psu and it started making noises after 10 months so I sent it to rma in the main time I'm looking for a new one and in my country we have bad manufacturers  ( NO CORSAIR / NO EVGA .... )

The only choice I have is COOLER MASTER 650W BRONZE V2 or FSP HYPER M85 + 550W BRONZE 

I planing to buy theCoolet Mastet one because some guys told me the fsp one is known for coil whine  but I saw reports that's the CM one fails a lot after a while of using but these reports were about the V1 version so am I good to go with the V2 ? 

or should I stay with thermaltake replacement ? 

note : there is thermaltake thoughpower DPS G gold and thermaltake smart pro rgb( à lil bit expensive but maybe if I stick with my old thermaltake I can save money for it ? )

So what should I do

=> Cooler master MWE bronze v2? 

=> Stay with the replacement until I save for the thermaltake thoughpower DPS G Gold  or thermaltake smart pro rgb ? 

My setup

Ryzen 5 2600x

msi gtx 1660 gaming x

asus b450m-k prime

11 minutes ago, hyrix7Q said:

Hello guys I had I THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W psu and it started making noises after 10 months so I sent it to rma in the main time I'm looking for a new one and in my country we have bad manufacturers  ( NO CORSAIR / NO EVGA .... )

The only choice I have is COOLER MASTER 650W BRONZE V2 or FSP HYPER M85 + 550W BRONZE 

I planing to buy theCoolet Mastet one because some guys told me the fsp one is known for coil whine  but I saw reports that's the CM one fails a lot after a while of using but these reports were about the V1 version so am I good to go with the V2 ? 

or should I stay with thermaltake replacement ? 

note : there is thermaltake thoughpower DPS G gold and thermaltake smart pro rgb( à lil bit expensive but maybe if I stick with my old thermaltake I can save money for it ? )

So what should I do

=> Cooler master MWE bronze v2? 

=> Stay with the replacement until I save for the thermaltake thoughpower DPS G Gold  or thermaltake smart pro rgb ? 

My setup

Ryzen 5 2600x

msi gtx 1660 gaming x

asus b450m-k prime

the v2 models of the MWE bronze aren't bad, go for it instead of the other two.

refer to the psu tier list if youd like more infornmation; aim to get a psu above tier b+

😕

Just now, PoopThatTookAPee said:

the v2 models of the MWE bronze aren't bad, go for it instead of the other two.

refer to the psu tier list if youd like more infornmation; aim to get a psu above tier b+

yes its on b+ but some people be saying avoid the mwe serie that's confusing me 

2 minutes ago, hyrix7Q said:

yes its on b+ but some people be saying avoid the mwe serie that's confusing me 

they're talking about the v1. the v2 is a good lineup of power supplies. avoid the v1.

😕

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2020 at 4:17 PM, ColdPressCoconutOil said:

they're talking about the v1. the v2 is a good lineup of power supplies. avoid the v1.

If you had to choose between the corsair cv650 and the cooler master mwe bronze 650 v2. What would you choose? I need help

CV650 is double forward, MWE Bronze V2 is LLC. LLC is better with the latest videocards so if you tend to upgrade the GPU your better off with the Cooler Master.

3 hours ago, --SID-- said:

CV650 is double forward, MWE Bronze V2 is LLC. LLC is better with the latest videocards so if you tend to upgrade the GPU your better off with the Cooler Master.

Im using a ryzen 5 3600 with a gtx 1650 super. Should i get the cooler master one?

@valid You created your own thread on this already back in July. You can keep that thread alive until you get the answer you want/need. No need to hijack or Necro a thread. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card