Epic Games integrates into GoG, and Tim Sweeney advocates for universal game ownership across all platforms

Delicieuxz
3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I'm confused. There's no reason DRM would need to go away, and even less reason for it to be illegal, outside the fact that we hate it.

Because DRM doesn't work when one of the stores doesn't have a DRM mechanic.

If I install a steam game, and then later install it again from EGS, I don't want them being installed to two different locations and taking up twice the disk space.

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

If I install a steam game, and then later install it again from EGS, I don't want them being installed to two different locations and taking up twice the disk space.

That's impossible. To expect all services used some standardized location, delivery system or whatever, it just won't ever happen. It's down to you to "moderate" duplicated game across platforms and use the one that's better. Like, I often prefered Steam just because of Cloud Saves. When GOG started getting it, I prefered GOG because of no DRM policy. I even have some game sduplicated on more platforms. But it's up to me to decide which one I'll use. Or where I initially spent the money.

Well, Nintendo's gonna hate this.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

8 hours ago, Kisai said:

That would depend on the DRM implementation. EGS doesn't have Steam DRM, but it does have games with Denuvo. GOG doesn't have any DRM. The idea would be that you buy you game and all of your accounts are linked so it adds the game to all the accounts (to whatever stores have it.)

I don't know why you would install it twice. If you bought it from Epic and want it on Steam, you would just buy from Epic, it would be added to your Steam account, and you download it through Steam.

#Muricaparrotgang

13 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

That would depend on the DRM implementation. EGS doesn't have Steam DRM, but it does have games with Denuvo. GOG doesn't have any DRM. The idea would be that you buy you game and all of your accounts are linked so it adds the game to all the accounts (to whatever stores have it.)

I don't know why you would install it twice. If you bought it from Epic and want it on Steam, you would just buy from Epic, it would be added to your Steam account, and you download it through Steam.

Consider the possibility of buying the game first on EGS because of foolish exclusivity agreements, but primarily playing games with the Steam launcher. If you want to play it, you have to install it first from EGS, and the later from Steam. Hence wasting the space and resetting the save games.

There's already situations where this happens when a game is made free on EGS and it's also available on Steam. Normally you wouldn't buy a game twice, but sometimes you have the game twice or three times because of various packaging/sales.