USB Polling rates

Nagasaki

Here is an interesting question for you all.

The maximum polling rate for USB2 is 1000Hz or 1ms. It cant go faster. (Maybe with some modified driver it could depending on if the USB controller chip could go faster)  

With this is mind, what is the point in these 2000hz wireless mice from people like Logitech and Corsair? They call them LightSpeed and SlipStream.

Riddle me that 😛

Bigger number is better. Maybe USB3 have higher polling rate.

Maybe the actual optical sensor can do 2000hz why not show it.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I can't tell the difference between 500Hz and 1000Hz (wired mouse polling rate)... but who can?

I edit my posts more often than not

I was doing some testing and when the dongle is in a USB2 port I get about 900 to 980hz and when in a USB3 port It gets up to around 1050Hz. Better but still not 2000Hz.

There is no point in the sensor or the mouse etc commnicating with the dongle at 2000hz if USB cant poll higher than 1000hz but with that said, I am getting slightly more than 1000hz on a USB3 port hmmm

Those wireless mice send double the same data each time in case of signal loss. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

The difference between polling rates are immeasurably small. There is little difference between 100-1000Hz poling rates. It's humanly-impossible.

Logitech and Corsair's new stuff is marketing balogna.

I would love to talk to a Logitech or Corsair rep and talk to whoever's eyes could see the difference, because those eyes are gifted by God.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

A mate of mine has the same mouse and on his system he is getting very close to 2000hz when testing but I cant get much over 1000.. the plot thickens.