Ryzen Pro Business Laptop suggestion

After watching the Ryzen Laptop video, I've been looking for premium business laptops using these ryzen pro chips.

It seems that my options are few, including

ThinkPad X13, T14&T14s

HP EliteBook 805 G7 series (835, 845, 855)

Also there are ProBooks, which is not using PRO chips.

HP ProBook 445&455 G7

HP ProBook x360 435 G7

Maybe not the top of the line, but still great as business laptops.

I'm living in Japan, and we have Ryzen ThinkPads for around 1100 USD, with 4650U, 8G+256G.

The Elitebooks and ProBooks are not avaliable yet, so I don't know the price.

For now, I think the major difference is that ThinkPads might have better keyboards, and Elitebooks have better screen options.

For build quality, I think they are about the same, but Elitebook in Japan are made in tokyo, so maybe they're better, but I'm not sure. I've never bought any made in tokyo laptops.

The ThinkPad X1 series also have some made in tokyo models, but they can't be customized, and it seems that Lenovo is not putting Ryzen Pro on X1 series.

So maybe I'm going for the Elitebook 845 G7, unless it's too expensive.

Any opinions about these machines?

Personally I really hope ltt can do some reviews about these machines.

The last time I've seen a thinkpad on ltt might be like 2 years ago.

In my personal experience, for premium business laptops, thinkpads and elitebooks are the choice.

Those fancy "premium" laptops like XPS and Envy are just not on the same level.

Get whichever feels over to you. Both ThinkPad T series and EliteBook 800 series are very good and high quality products and will easily deliver excellent results in basically every category.

20 minutes ago, SaerXZ said:

Personally I really hope ltt can do some reviews about these machines.

The last time I've seen a thinkpad on ltt might be like 2 years ago.

In my personal experience, for premium business laptops, thinkpads and elitebooks are the choice.

Those fancy "premium" laptops like XPS and Envy are just not on the same level.

The last review was of the X390, where ThinkPad users gave Alex crap for saying Lenovo should ditch the TrackPoint. Hell, I signed up for an account here to give him crap for that.

Just now, panzersharkcat said:

The last review was of the X390, where ThinkPad users gave Alex crap for saying Lenovo should ditch the TrackPoint. Hell, I signed up for an account here to give him crap for that.

Agreed. LTT is banned from talking about things they have no understanding of - business laptops included.

Just now, 5x5 said:

Agreed. LTT is banned from talking about things they have no understanding of - business laptops included.

Using my thumb on the trackpad, like Alex suggested, is highly uncomfortable and extremely inaccurate compared to using the TrackPoint. Also don't know how he kept hitting the TrackPoint while typing. Never been an issue for me on an E480, X1 Extreme, or an X230. It's unlikely to be one on my P53, whenever that arrives.

For the OP, either the Elitebook or the ThinkPad will be fine. I'm biased towards the Lenovo ones but for most people who aren't super fussy about having a good pointing stick, they both seem like they'll be pretty solid.

6 minutes ago, panzersharkcat said:

Using my thumb on the trackpad, like Alex suggested, is highly uncomfortable and extremely inaccurate compared to using the TrackPoint. Also don't know how he kept hitting the TrackPoint while typing. Never been an issue for me on an E480, X1 Extreme, or an X230. It's unlikely to be one on my P53, whenever that arrives.

For the OP, either the Elitebook or the ThinkPad will be fine. I'm biased towards the Lenovo ones but for most people who aren't super fussy about having a good pointing stick, they both seem like they'll be pretty solid.

I've used ThinkPad since the T60. I have NEVER had an issue with the trackpoint. Alex is just a diva.