RAM speed

Basically I have Corsair vengeance ram and it only runs at 2133 MHz , I tried changing but in the end it says 2133 MHz so how do I fix that

1 minute ago, Parsh said:

Basically I have Corsair vengeance ram and it only runs at 2133 MHz , I tried changing but in the end it says 2133 MHz so how do I fix that

Turn on XMP in your motherboard's BIOS.

The term used to describe this technology may also be: XAMP (some AMD boards) or DOCP (AMD boards made by ASUS)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

But even after I do do it it just says my memory is still running at 2133 MHz 

Just now, Parsh said:

But even after I do do it it just says my memory is still running at 2133 MHz 

Turn on XMP (or your motherboard's equivalent) > save and reset > don't touch the system for a minute (it may reset a couple times).

Does this happen or does something else happen? Where are you checking the memory speed? What specific memory set do you have?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, Parsh said:

If it's a 2133mhz RAM and that is its rated speed, then it'll only run at that speed, regardless of XMP profiles. If it's a higher rated module (say 3000mhz), then enabling XMP profile should automatically put it at its rated speed. If it doesn't, you can set it manually. Make sure that it's rated for higher speeds though, because it will NOT run if it isn't.

Some motherboard brands don’t actaully show the memory speed change in the bios, boot into Windows and use cpu-z to verify XMP is enabled. 

Basically it’s rated at 3200 mhz but as soon as I enable the xmp profile it wouldn’t boot then I changed my slots and it started working but it still doesn’t reach 3200 MHz

Just now, gloop said:

Some motherboard brands don’t actaully show the memory speed change in the bios, boot into Windows and use cpu-z to verify XMP is enabled. 

I’ll try that 

9 minutes ago, minibois said:

Turn on XMP (or your motherboard's equivalent) > save and reset > don't touch the system for a minute (it may reset a couple times).

Does this happen or does something else happen? Where are you checking the memory speed? What specific memory set do you have?

Done it boots up normally I checked on bios but @gloop told me to look at cpu z so that’s where I am it’s Corsair vengeance rgb pro 32gb ram 3200 mhz

Just now, Parsh said:

Done it boots up normally I checked on bios but @gloop told me to look at cpu z so that’s where I am it’s Corsair vengeance rgb pro 32gb ram 3200 mhz

Check the ‘memory’ tab in cpu-z and report back what the speed says.