I can't find the right bios for my GPU

Kelp

Recently my friend gave me his old RX 570x 8gb and all of the sudden it stopped working. I narrowed it down to a bios issue but I cannot find the right bios anywhere. The device ID is 1002 67DF - 1028 1722. I've looked everywhere online and nothing matches this. I'l link a picture of what GPU-Z says about the card. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

GPU_.jpg

3 minutes ago, dietdrbepis said:

all of the sudden it stopped working

not usually a symptom of a bad bios. bioses dont just stop working.

that being said it looks like a dell variant or oem version of the card so you might have to find a different bios that works with it

1 minute ago, emosun said:

not usually a symptom of a bad bios. bioses dont just stop working.

that being said it looks like a dell variant or oem version of the card so you might have to find a different bios that works with it

Yeah I think it's a Dell OEM. I'm not sure where my friend got it from. My system won't even post with just that graphics card in the PC so I have to put another GPU in my pc for signal and then put the 570 in the second slot. I get a code 43 error in device manager. Just to clarify, the card has been working good for weeks before this happened.

You want to go to TechPowerUp Forums.

Make a new thread in the ATI.AMD Gpu section.

The person that will help you best will be eidairaman1

Do everything he asks, he's helped thousands, including your's truly.

If he can't get the card working through bios flashing with correct bios, then the card is probably junk.

Have a look at the Techpowerup website. They have a database of VGA Bios and if you post in the forum they may help you narrow it down to the specific one needed (as it will depend on which VRAM manufacturer you have - Micron in your case) 

1 minute ago, Tido_III said:

Have a look at the Techpowerup website. They have a database of VGA Bios and if you post in the forum they may help you narrow it down to the specific one needed (as it will depend on which DRAM manufacturer you have - Micron in your case) 

I've looked everywhere there and I can't find the right bios version. The card I have isn't even listed there.

1 minute ago, dietdrbepis said:

I've looked everywhere there and I can't find the right bios version. The card I have isn't even listed there.

Then, as @ShrimpBrime said, start a thread on the forum and see if they can help. They really are the best place to narrow it down for you.

4 minutes ago, dietdrbepis said:

The exiled air man is an old buddy of mine. 

He'll want Gpu-Z, a screen shot of the stickers and possibly a picture of the memory chips/

What ever he needs, give to him. If he cannot find the bios, I'd say your F'ed at that point.

I can only lead you to the door that you've come here asking for, but only you can walk through it.

(PS - Not all uploaded bios's are available to the public)

4 minutes ago, Tido_III said:

Then, as @ShrimpBrime said, start a thread on the forum and see if they can help. They really are the best place to narrow it down for you.

I just posted in the GPU section of that forum page, I hope to resolve this soon!

On 7/18/2020 at 11:29 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

The exiled air man is an old buddy of mine. 

He'll want Gpu-Z, a screen shot of the stickers and possibly a picture of the memory chips/

What ever he needs, give to him. If he cannot find the bios, I'd say your F'ed at that point.

I can only lead you to the door that you've come here asking for, but only you can walk through it.

(PS - Not all uploaded bios's are available to the public)

I ended up getting a GTX 1660 Super, I've spent hours on the 570 and nothing seems to work

As far as I know gpus are not OEM parts. They always have bios from either AMD or Nvidia and thus I also never heard of a gpu bios just going bad 

Also it is very very hard to change anything in a gpu bios  

Imo your problem must have been somewhere else. 

3 minutes ago, NoGanksEric said:

As far as I know gpus are not OEM parts. They always have bios from either AMD or Nvidia and thus I also never heard of a gpu bios just going bad 

Also it is very very hard to change anything in a gpu bios  

Imo your problem must have been somewhere else. 

I know the subvendor is named there as dell but I'm pretty sure that there is no substantial change made in the bios that wouldn't make it work in other systems. Generally the only part affected by oems are motherboards 

Probably gpuZ was able to tell the vendor of of the series number or a note in the bios.