New Build in the planning

Moesby_DK

Budget (including currency): 15000 DKK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Casual gaming like Armored Warfare and GTA V, and office programs 

Other details: I am upgrading from my 9 year old pc that have the parts from the picture below, it has served me well but now it is time to build a new pc that can serv me for another 10 years :D 

I have been looking at some different parts, and now I need someone to tell me if I have chosen something stupid, or if there is something that i can replace within the same price range??

For now I will keep my 3 monitors, mouse and keyboard.

This is the parts i have found

• Be quiet! Silent Base 601 Window sort/sølv - 978 DKK.
  • Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF - 605 DKK.
  • Be Quiet! Power Zone 850 Watt - 1193 DKK. 
  • Asrock X570 PRO4 - 1388 DKK.
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700x - 2386 DKK.
  • MSI RX 5700 MECH GP OC 8GB GDDR6 - 2814 DKK.
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD M.2 2280-2TB - 3344 DKK. 
  • G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4-3600 C16 32GB - 1524 DKK.
  •  
  •  
  • Price 14232 DKK

Jan

Old_pc.png

Your CPU is pretty bottlenecked by your graphics card so I'd suggest either getting a cheaper CPU to save a bit of money, or getting a more powerful GPU. https://pc-builds.com/calculator/ is a pretty good site for checking if your system is bottlenecked. I'd also say 32GB of RAM is slightly overkill for casual gaming so you could drop that to 16GB if you wanted to save a bit more cash :)

Man that was a nice rig you had back in the day haha

Here's what I'd recommend for the parts, if you want to build the computer now:

Better PSU, GPU, case and motherboard. Tbh I think 16GB of RAM will be more than enough for your use case, and you'll still have the option to throw in another 16GB later on down the line.

I'd probably advise you wait though for new hardware to come out, since we'll most likely be getting new CPUs and GPUs around late Q3/early Q4.

4 minutes ago, TomH said:

Your CPU is pretty bottlenecked by your graphics card so I'd suggest either getting a cheaper CPU to save a bit of money, or getting a more powerful GPU. https://pc-builds.com/calculator/ is a pretty good site for checking if your system is bottlenecked.

Bottleneck calculators just spit out nonsense, please don't use them. 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Thanks fore the replies, I will be looking into upgrading the Graphics card. I have changed to the Asus Prime mother board as it has some better specs. I will take the Ripjaws RAM because they are a little cheaper, but still 2*16 GB. And the Adata M.2 is an unknown to me, but the reviews are good so I take it.

• 5 months later...

Ok, 6 months have past and now my build is ready, this is what i enden up with.

Case -  Fractal Design Define 7 

Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

CPU Cooler - BeQuiet Dark Rock PRO 4

Storage - A-DATA SSD XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB NVMe

PSU - CORSAIR RMx RM850x

Memory - G-Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 32GB

Monitor - Dell S2721DGF * 2

Video Card - ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 ROG STRIX 8GB

Keyboard - Logitech G910 (from old build)

Mouse - Logitech MX Master 3 (from old build)

20210115_074957.thumb.jpg.f22efc5b92efd1614ce8f6bcae6e14f5.jpg20210115_075159.thumb.jpg.1de45db4cfb7641ff96e5ecf14f205a5.jpg