ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS I/O Shield Problem

Hey Guys

Today I finally got my new B550 and I wanted to install it in an NZXT H510. I've installed the shield inside the case and tried to attach the mainboard. Unfortunately that didn't work. When I took a closer look to the I/O shield, I saw that there is a metal tab which looks a bit out of place. The other tabs can bend and the shield and the mainboard fit perfectly fine but the USB-C port tab doesn't seem to be "bendable".

I tried to bend it in any way but either it blocks the USB Port above or the space between the shield and the mainboard is not tight enough.

Has anyone here have the same board and can relate to that or did I do something wrong? Is it save to use a PC without an I/O shield?

Any help is appreciated.

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

24 minutes ago, Fabi20750 said:

Hey Guys

Today I finally got my new B550 and I wanted to install it in an NZXT H510. I've installed the shield inside the case and tried to attach the mainboard. Unfortunately that didn't work. When I took a closer look to the I/O shield, I saw that there is a metal tab which looks a bit out of place. The other tabs can bend and the shield and the mainboard fit perfectly fine but the USB-C port tab doesn't seem to be "bendable".

I tried to bend it in any way but either it blocks the USB Port above or the space between the shield and the mainboard is not tight enough.

Has anyone here have the same board and can relate to that or did I do something wrong? Is it save to use a PC without an I/O shield?

Any help is appreciated.

<snipped>

Is there a small gap at the top of the Type-C port that the tab goes into...?

EDIT:

This implies there might be...

image.png.fab1000dafa875a3a2c1a50f71d0ef12.png

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Just now, Eighjan said:

Is there a small gap at the top of the Type-C port that the tab goes into...?

EDIT:

This implies there might be...

image.png.fab1000dafa875a3a2c1a50f71d0ef12.png

It seems like there is a hole or a gap. Actually the tab on the shield is almost twice as big :(

IMG_0107.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hello I just got this motherboard. I was curious if that fixed the problem by inserting it into that tab? 
thanks with best regards 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello !

I have the same issue. How did you solve it ?

Thanks.