Temps While Folding

just wanted to post my temps after running F@H plus using my computer for several hours 

post-14828-0-69559500-1367396307_thumb.g

Fan Junkie

117F for your gpu? Am I reading that right? How has the thing not melted yet. And how could it even get that high.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

117F for your gpu? Am I reading that right? How has the thing not melted yet. And how could it even get that high.

117 Fahrenheit isn't that hot.... a bit Under 50 Degree Celsius. 

117 Fahrenheit isn't that hot.... a bit Under 50 Degree Celsius. 

Oh yes now I feel dumb... ok than those temperatures are good. Maybe use Celsius because it makes sense. And I can understand it.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Sorry about that I'm in America we do everything a** backwards but yea I read temps better in Fahrenheit I'm trying to learn Celsius but its a slow process next time I'll try and remember to flip it for yall

Fan Junkie

Those temps are 15c higher than my idle laptop gpu so for load those are fantastic.

Well I do have 12 fans in my case and planning on a new video card fan

Fan Junkie

I only got 3 fans :( well 6 if you count my cooling pad also.

Nice temps - and like Gnome, took me a second to realize - oh ya, convert. :)  Funny, get used to some "standard" and just assume. Don't worry about the F and being backwards - in Canada we can't even make up our minds. I have no clue what 30C is in F, but don't ask me what my 185lbs is in kilos. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I use metric/celcius, but I can tell weights on lbs because of the ufc  :).

I'm running cpu folding and bitcoin mining at 100% load, @4,3ghz on the cpu and @1175mhz on the gpu. ATM:

gpu: 65C

cpu: 62C (lowest), 70C (highest)

It'll go down since it's a little bit warm around here, and my new ac will only come at the end of the week. Also, winter is coming.

On average my CPU temps is around 55-56c. I just updated my GPU (7950) drives to 13.4 and it is 60c. When I was using 13.1 drivers it was 50C

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Nice temps - and like Gnome, took me a second to realize - oh ya, convert. :)  Funny, get used to some "standard" and just assume. Don't worry about the F and being backwards - in Canada we can't even make up our minds. I have no clue what 30C is in F, but don't ask me what my 185lbs is in kilos. :)

I must be that weird US american that can "somewhat" read the temp in Celsius or Fahrenheit and now what it is in the other.

Mainly when it's about 20 to 100 in Celsuis is when I can start doing the conversions in my head (which 20C is close to 68F is memory serves right). Beyond that range, I'd have to use google to get the correct temp in F. Guess I've been messing with computers more than I should be..... 

As for my Temps, Core i7 920 stock settings on EVGA X58 SLI-3 with a Xigimatek Gaia cooler.

Idle: 30C at cores (MB reading the entire cpu at 20C)

Load: 58C (45~47C)

I could probably get a little bit cooler with reducing the voltage but I'm a bit lazy on doing such.

Gpu i dont fold on so I dont have temps for that.

I know -40 is the same. But that's about it.

My computer has been folding for the last couple of weeks with approximately 3 hours total downtime. Current temperatures are...

Internal HDD: 46C

External HDD: 32C

Core 1: 43C

Core 2: 43C

The CPU cores usually operate at around 30-35C under load, but as I said they've been folding almost non-stop for a couple of weeks so they're running a little hotter than usual. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Water Cooled system - i5 @ 4.4 Ghz - 50C, 6870's SLI - 38C

GPU Folder - 3770 @ Stock - 66C, GTX 660 about 65C, GTX 560 about 70C, GTX 560 about 75C and the GTX 460 about 60C

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

My liquid cooled i5 while folding @ 4.2 Ghz was at 15*C... While setting on the A/C vent haha

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

My liquid cooled i5 while folding @ 4.2 Ghz was at 15*C... While setting on the A/C vent haha

That's what I am missing! :D

That's what I am missing! :D

Really efficient way to cool... why don't we all just have a/c units blowing right into our PSU and Bottom Fan...

Moved a big fan down under my case... It pulls a little air even when the huge A/C blower is off, and helps tons when it is on.

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

Someone need to make an internally mointed AC for computer cases.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Someone need to make an internally mointed AC for computer cases.

It's called Water Cooling. :) But only works so well. Honestly - they have made external AC units for PC's. Couple of issues... you need a drain for them... they are NOISY... then tended to ice up... all in all, a fail. I haven't seen one in years...

just started folding and I want to monitor my temperatures. I have used coretemp in the past but it does not monitor the GPU so I got speedfan. but when comparing coretemp, speedfan and the msi software I get 3 different numbers. can anyone suggest a better way of monitoring temperatures?

post-10702-0-32656100-1367614246_thumb.j

I use HWMonitor myself for everything - but, it is normally to see different programs giving different values. This is based on many factors, some of which includes them using the wrong thermal monitors.

It's called Water Cooling. :) But only works so well. Honestly - they have made external AC units for PC's. Couple of issues... you need a drain for them... they are NOISY... then tended to ice up... all in all, a fail. I haven't seen one in years...

For those that might want to know what it's called, it's Phase-Change cpu cooling  ;)

It's still around but unless yours a mad overclocker and love to tinker and insulate the hardware from condensation, it tends to be expensive and time consuming to get everything in there proper spot.

(Well I guess its not as expensive as cooling with Liquid Nitrogen or something something in the nature of. :ph34r: )

thanks whaler HWMonitor is just what i was looking for simple but has all the info i wanted

My temps after 6 hours of folding on full. I have a MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozer III and an Antec Kühler 620 with Corsair SP120 Quiet edition in push/pull for my 3570K. Chassi is Fractal Design Node 304.  

I think the temps are very good :) 

tempsb.jpg