Question about kit buying

So I want to get 32gb's of ram I don't need it but it would be fun to have imo. My dad been building pcs since he was younger and Ive asked his opinion of some stuff and it seems what he knows doesn't really line up with what Ive learned over the past few years. as an example of a previous conversation he thought that you'd would need to match AMD stuff up with AMD and you couldn't use an AMD CPU with an NVIDIA GPU. I was talking with him today and he said that if I had the money then i should buy two 2x8 kits of ram instead of one and then wait to get the other. I was wondering, should I follow that or is it ok to get one kit now and wait to get the other?

edit: 2x16 now 2x8

6 minutes ago, Zendrith501 said:

you'd would need to match AMD stuff up with AMD and you couldn't use an AMD CPU with an NVIDIA GPU

Completely false and a common myth. There is no performance benefits if you have both AMD CPU and AMD GPU installed.

7 minutes ago, Zendrith501 said:

should buy two 2x16 kits of ram instead of one and then wait to get the other.

I've bought another pair of memory kits long after I installed a kit. They say you should as they are from the same package/box the retailer got them to possibly prevent issues that arise due to quality/reliability such as a RAM stick failing and a recall from X batch to X batch. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Two 2x16gb would be 64GB, but I take it you mean 1x16gb now and then buy 1x16gb later. If it's just gaming, and you don't know what you'll be using it for, a 2x8gb kit is best. Then if you do want more later, just add two more dimms, but really I would save the money and stay with 16gb total.

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Just now, marmour said:

Two 2x16gb would be 64GB, but I take it you mean 1x16gb now and then buy 1x16gb later. If it's just gaming, and you don't know what you'll be using it for, a 2x8gb kit is best. Then if you do want more later, just add two more dimms, but really I would save the money and stay with 16gb total.

i totally mis-typed that i meant to say 2x8 not 2x16