Take advantage of motherboard plus case

rg4video

I’m planning on using photoshop for school and gaming on the weekends playing steam games like tomb raider.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor Purchased For $187.14
Motherboard MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For $203.76
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory Purchased For $128.69
Storage Kingston A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $0.00
Storage Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive Purchased For $80.00
Video Card Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card Purchased For $439.71
Case Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $57.00
Power Supply SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $112.00
Optical Drive LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Purchased For $56.03
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit Purchased For $0.00
Case Fan Fractal Design X2 GP-14 (Black) 68.4 CFM 140 mm Fan $14.99 @ Amazon
Case Fan Fractal Design X2 GP-14 (Black) 68.4 CFM 140 mm Fan $14.99 @ Amazon
Monitor LG 27UL600-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor Purchased For $400.00
External Storage Western Digital My Book 8 TB External Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $1694.31
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-14 23:37 EDT-0400  

I’d like to find a good CPU cooler that can take advantage of any features my motherboard offers for CPU fan work, and that will fit in my case. Pretty open to having some “fun” with RGB and price around 50 dollars or so.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, rg4video said:

I’d like to find a good CPU cooler that can take advantage of any features my motherboard offers for CPU fan work, and that will fit in my case. Pretty open to having some “fun” with RGB and price around 50 dollars or so.

Thanks!

That would be all coolers ever existing. Motherboards don't have any special features that would limits cooler selection. Only if you want to go with RGB, then you need to choose fans that are supported by motherboard. Case is usually the limiting factor, but with 165mm you don't really get issues when shopping at budget category.

The top picks:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thank you! I decided to go with deepcool of those four, as it’s the only one that would arrive before Saturday!

Funny, I just built my build last night and one of the psrts I had to give up on was the cpu cooler  third party. The brackets that came with deep cool were not correct length to screw into the msi motherboard cpu socket holes. So I had to put the amd one on instead and contacted deep cool about it.