Gigabyte ab350 gaming and third gen ryzen

Hi,

I have the Gigabyte ab350 gaming.

Are second and third gen ryzen cpu’s compatible with this board without a bios update? If it requires an update, is it possible to do it without having a compatible cpu?

5 minutes ago, Xander710 said:

Are second and third gen ryzen cpu’s compatible with this board without a bios update

That depends on the manufacturing date. When did you purchase this motherboard?

if you just recently bought this motherboard new, there should be a badge on the box that tells you what it's compatible with. If there is no orange or grey badge, it is only compatible with first gen ryzen.

Screenshot_20200714-132927_Chrome.jpg

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

if you just recently bought this motherboard new, there should be a badge on the box that tells you what it's compatible with. If there is no orange badge, it is only compatible with first gen ryzen.

I will check it, thanks

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

if you just recently bought this motherboard new, there should be a badge on the box that tells you what it's compatible with. If there is no orange badge, it is only compatible with first gen ryzen.

The only thing on it is this

FBB0B270-A0BE-4560-B544-72C0F72513A7.png

1 hour ago, Xander710 said:

The only thing on it is this

unfortunately this motherboard probably only supports first generation CPUs. Also, this motherboard does not have a way to flash the BIOS without a compatible CPU. 

Do you happen to have a friend with a Ryzen CPU?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Unfortunately, most B350 motherboard only support up to 2nd Gen Ryzen. There are quite some B350 motherboard support Ryzen Gen 3 processor (Matisse and Picasso) but requires a BIOS update.

Good news is the motherboard supports Gen 3 Ryzen processors. You need to update the BIOS, however.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

Unfortunately, you really need to go through a few BIOS update before you reached the BIOS that can support your processor.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

On 7/15/2020 at 12:33 AM, Fasauceome said:

unfortunately this motherboard probably only supports first generation CPUs. Also, this motherboard does not have a way to flash the BIOS without a compatible CPU. 

Do you happen to have a friend with a Ryzen CPU?

Sorry for my late reply. I heard there is a ryzen bootkit service, but it does not mention that it works with b350 boards, is it possible to do this in this situation?

2 hours ago, Xander710 said:

Sorry for my late reply. I heard there is a ryzen bootkit service, but it does not mention that it works with b350 boards, is it possible to do this in this situation?

sadly AMD ended the boot kit service for first gen boards when it was relevant for second gen.

Primary PC: