Having coil whine with the new GPU

KarsonC

Just upgraded days ago, and when I start playing Battlefield 4, I am keep annoyed by the coil whine from the GPU,

the thing is that I am not sure what causes the whine. I ran Furmark and the whine is even worse.

When I minimized the windows, it's completely fine, but if I reopens it, the whine is back.

Anyone facing this problem like me? If you have others solution that is truly work for you, I would give it a try.

By the way, I aren't sure the power supply is not powerful enough or I should replace it with other model as I read through many forums stating that this PSU has enough juice for the setup.

My setup:

Intel i7-4771 @3.5Ghz

Intel DZ87KLT-75K

Team Xtreem 16GB kit x 2 (total 32GB)

Asus GeForce GTX 760 DC Mini

Plextor M5P 256GB

Hitachi TravelStar 500GB

Seagate unknown 250GB

Antec High Current Gamer 520M

Cheers

KarsonC

MY SETUP
CPU: Intel i7-4771 , RAM: Team Xtreem DDR3 1600MHz 8GB x 4 , MB: Intel DZ87KLT-75K , GPU:Asus OC GTX760, SSD: Plextor M5P 256GB , HDD: 1TB WD Black , PSU: Antec HCG520M

I get coil whine from my gpu all the time but i have my headphones on all the time so i dont usually hear it. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

The psu has enough power, but i don't think coil whine is fixable

There isn't a whole lot you can do about it. You can return it if you bought it from somewhere reasonable but otherwise its always going to be that way. One thing you could try if you are willing to remove warranty is to touch the components on the board as it whines and see if touching one you can get at stops it making a noise. If it does then you may be able to cover that component in a hard material like nail vanish to stop it moving and that should stop or at least reduce the volume. However I did this with a motherboard a few years back and it didn't really help much, and it died two weeks later. Coil whine is a sort of fault where the component isn't well connected, it could fail any moment or never.

The dealer kindly replaced a new one for me, the new one is better, but a much higher pitch.

I think I can deal with it by sticking some acoustic materials on my case side panels will get rid of it.

* The card only whine noticeable during Furmarks like 100% heavy loading application, in BF4 it is not noticeable! :wub:

MY SETUP
CPU: Intel i7-4771 , RAM: Team Xtreem DDR3 1600MHz 8GB x 4 , MB: Intel DZ87KLT-75K , GPU:Asus OC GTX760, SSD: Plextor M5P 256GB , HDD: 1TB WD Black , PSU: Antec HCG520M

One of my 680's does whine but only at about 900 fps! Its not a universal problem but it mostly started with lead free solder. For whatever reason lead free solder based cards seem to whine a lot more, it looks like the solder has a higher minor failure rate