Upgrade my Graphics Card

appr3ntic3

Hey Guys, I have an existing build with  Ryzen 5 2600 processor and  MSI Tomahawk b450 motherboard. I have paired them with 16 (8x2) gigs of ddr4 RAM (2400 Mhz) and a 250 GB SSD. Currently i have gone with 6 GB 1060 GPU and i want to increase my usage of system to streaming as well as playing. I have a feeling that the graphics i have is not enough for what i am thinking of doing. Any suggestions on what i should do about upgrading my graphics card ??

Wait for ampere and big Navi. The 1060 should be ok for now. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, NZgamer said:

What games do you play, what's your country and much are you willing to spend?

I currently play PUBG PC. I sometimes also play Metro Exodus, Far Cry 5, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I am from Nepal and i am willing to spend about 400$ max.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

I'd advice you wait about a month and a half as the rtx3000 series is launching very soon.

Great !!! I hope it comes under my budget.

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

Wait for ampere and big Navi. The 1060 should be ok for now. 

It is okay but doing 1080p stream causes frame drop issues for me. So, i am thinking of an upgrade.

9 minutes ago, appr3ntic3 said:

So, i am thinking of an upgrade

It'll be fine for now I would say. Waiting will be worth it. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: