Help me pick my CPU

So, I'm planing to build my custom PC but don't know what CPU to purchase.

The "work" I'll be doing on the PC will include; gaming,  photo editing, video editing and normal day to day task like browsing the internet. I don't know what CPU to get since people say Intel is great for gaming but ryzen is great for video rendering. And now I don't know what to get. I was thinking of going amd as I'll be doing 60% editing and 40% gaming. Could someone please help?

(edit) my budget is around £1000 for the whole PC not including keyboard, mouse ext

if you do serious editing as a work, you probably have to pick Threadripper. If you do editing on some part of your day pick a Ryzen 7, it helped me on that part alot. If you do some gaming, every now and then some editing and you dont care much, then pick whatever you feel like. Btw you have to consider your budget on that. So for more, i ll ask you. How much you are about to give?

2 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

Threadripper

WHich will cost $1500.

Just now, gloop said:

WHich will cost $1500.

and the motherboard is not cheap either :D but he didnt inform us about his budget

49 minutes ago, Pudzian345 said:

So, I'm planing to build my custom PC but don't know what CPU to purchase.

The "work" I'll be doing on the PC will include; gaming,  photo editing, video editing and normal day to day task like browsing the internet. I don't know what CPU to get since people say Intel is great for gaming but ryzen is great for video rendering. And now I don't know what to get. I was thinking of going amd as I'll be doing 60% editing and 40% gaming. Could someone please help?

You should definitely go with AMD, if you aren't editing with 8K video files like LTT does then you don't need Threadripper. 3950X based platform will be perfect for 4K video editing, photo editing and gaming. If you need the system right now then that's great but if you can wait till October/November for the new stuff to come out then you will be able to benefit from that because not only will you have the option to go with the latest and greatest but the price on the existing stuff will also come down enabling you to build something really powerful for a good price.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.