Looking for a Laptop

Hey everyone!

I myself right now am on summer vacation, I don't have any school this summer, until the end of August.
I will start a bachelor's study in ICT, and I want a nice laptop. I live in the Netherlands, so yeah, I use euro.
I am looking for a laptop which can help me with my study, and for a laptop that is good enough, specially

good enough as in reviewed.

I've read about the AMD 4000 series on the laptop market, and that they're really really good, so I'd like to have

a laptop with one of those CPU's. I'm looking for one that is the best one for the money. I need 16gb of ram,

preferred at a nice speed, I need a GPU in it with 4gb+ ddr6, preferred 6gb ddr6. It must also have a nice SSD,

0.5 - 1tb of storage. I am looking to spend around 1000 euro's to 1200 euros. *it also must have a webcam.

What would you say the best laptops are for this price point?

Feel free to reply / Thanks in advance :)

*I'm also curious if there are any more laptops coming out for release this summer vacation with comparable specs.

the zephryrus g14 should be in your budget, the TUF a15 may also be an option

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

The Lenovo Legion 5/Acer Nitro 5 are good options - they come with AMD Renoir (4000 series) and up to RTX 2060 cards.

Alternatively, if you can afford it, the Asus Zephyrus G14/15 are by far the best "thin and light" models. The G15 runs a little warmer than I'd like but that's cause Asus blocked the vents partially.

Lastly, the HP Omen 15 with Renoir is also available and it's very very good.

8 minutes ago, EPieter said:

Try https://tweakers.net/laptops/vergelijken/  (language is Dutch)

Just fill in all the specs you want and sort by price.

I've looked around for hours there, specifically right now looking for the current bests in the price point.
Also Tweakers shows a lot of laptops, but a lot of them are not orderable, or available.

8 minutes ago, Audros said:

I've looked around for hours there, specifically right now looking for the current bests in the price point.
Also Tweakers shows a lot of laptops, but a lot of them are not orderable, or available.

Consult above. There is no real website for laptops like pc part picker for desktops. That's why users such as me who memorize useless laptop data are here.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Consult above. There is no real website for laptops like pc part picker for desktops. That's why users such as me who memorize useless laptop data are here.

What would you say about the ASUS TUF GAMING a15 (FX506II-AL059T). it has a Ryzen 7 4800H and a 1650 ti. It costs 1100 euros here.

6 minutes ago, Audros said:

What would you say about the ASUS TUF GAMING a15 (FX506II-AL059T). it has a Ryzen 7 4800H and a 1650 ti. It costs 1100 euros here.

Then there also is the A15 FX506IU-BQ29OT, which costs 100 more, but has a 1660 ti

1 minute ago, Audros said:

Then there also is the A15 FX506IU-BQ29OT, which costs 100 more, but has a 1660 ti

For a 100 more, sounds worth it.

6 minutes ago, Audros said:

The 1660 model overheats, the 1650 model is fine.

20 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

For a 100 more, sounds worth it.

It's not.

47 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

It's not.

Do you think there is any better laptop than the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FX506II-AL059T, 15.6" for it's current price point. the ''ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FX506II-AL059T, 15.6" costs €1099,00 euros. You recon there is any laptop better than that, for the price?

1 hour ago, Audros said:

Do you think there is any better laptop than the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FX506II-AL059T, 15.6" for it's current price point. the ''ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FX506II-AL059T, 15.6" costs €1099,00 euros. You recon there is any laptop better than that, for the price?

I found this laptop HP Pavilion 15-ec1170nd laptop , looks really good, it has a ryzen 7 4800h 16gb 3200mhz and a 1650ti , but nowhere on the internet is where I can find the refresh rate of the laptop. Can anyone?

49 minutes ago, Audros said:

I found this laptop HP Pavilion 15-ec1170nd laptop , looks really good, it has a ryzen 7 4800h 16gb 3200mhz and a 1650ti , but nowhere on the internet is where I can find the refresh rate of the laptop. Can anyone?

Pavilion - aka - stay away from it.

2 hours ago, Audros said:

The Lenovo Legion 5 and HP Omen 15 are both MUCH better options. The A15 is average. The 1650 config is good, the 1660/2060 models are shit.

5 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Pavilion - aka - stay away from it.

The Lenovo Legion 5 and HP Omen 15 are both MUCH better options. The A15 is average. The 1650 config is good, the 1660/2060 models are shit.

The Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 is that something you would say is good, because spec wise it looks sexy, and it costs 999 euros. And by the way, what's wrong with the pavilion then?

10 hours ago, Audros said:

The Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 is that something you would say is good, because spec wise it looks sexy, and it costs 999 euros. And by the way, what's wrong with the pavilion then?

If the Legion comes with a Ryzen CPU he's, the intel version is much worse.

As for the Pavilion, it's got thermal, quality and power issues. Not a good laptop overall

8 hours ago, 5x5 said:

If the Legion comes with a Ryzen CPU he's, the intel version is much worse.

As for the Pavilion, it's got thermal, quality and power issues. Not a good laptop overall

Yes, the lenovo legion 5 arhh05 comes with a ryzen 7 4800h and a 1650 4gb 512gb ssd 16gb of 3200mhz ram with a lcd ips 120hz screen for 999 euros

26 minutes ago, Audros said:

Yes, the lenovo legion 5 arhh05 comes with a ryzen 7 4800h and a 1650 4gb 512gb ssd 16gb of 3200mhz ram with a lcd ips 120hz screen for 999 euros

Get it