Can't enable XMP anymore

Hello guys! I sold my gtx 1070 to upgrade to an rtx2070 super recently and after 3 weeks the new gpu showed up.

I installed it about 2 hours ago and everything works fine(drivers installed etc.). I was curious and went into the BIOS of my motherboard (below) to see if settings were maintained after that period of time. I was looking around when I noticed that my RAM wasnt running xmp and that I couldnt find the setting to enable it which i previously could. I thought that my BIOS was updated somehow and rolled back to the initial BIOS version (F1). Nothing changed... I was manually changing clocks, voltages and latency to match the xmp of my ram, though when I opened cpuz to my surprise, one of the modules xmp clocks were listed and it showed that it is xmp compatible while the other module (exact same module) doesnt have XMP. I concluded that somehow the xmp profile of one of the ram sticks was erased but I want to experiment tomorrow further cause it's late at where I live. I shall try removing one ram module and running the other and the same way around  to find which is faulty and maybe resolve the issue if it's a bug. Do you guys have any other ideas or dealt with something similar?  

system

R5 2600

B450 Aorus Pro

memory: 2* bls8g4d30besbk.8fd Crucial Ballistix sport Lt 8gb 3000mhz

old gpu: evga gtx 1070 sc black edition

new gpu: gigabyte rtx 2070 super gaming oc 3x

thanks in advance

image.png

image.png

3 minutes ago, canastasiou6 said:

Hello guys! I sold my gtx 1070 to upgrade to an rtx2070 super recently and after 3 weeks the new gpu showed up.

I installed it about 2 hours ago and everything works fine(drivers installed etc.). I was curious and went into the BIOS of my motherboard (below) to see if settings were maintained after that period of time. I was looking around when I noticed that my RAM wasnt running xmp and that I couldnt find the setting to enable it which i previously could. I thought that my BIOS was updated somehow and rolled back to the initial BIOS version (F1). Nothing changed... I was manually changing clocks, voltages and latency to match the xmp of my ram, though when I opened cpuz to my surprise, one of the modules xmp clocks were listed and it showed that it is xmp compatible while the other module (exact same module) doesnt have XMP. I concluded that somehow the xmp profile of one of the ram sticks was erased but I want to experiment tomorrow further cause it's late at where I live. I shall try removing one ram module and running the other and the same way around  to find which is faulty and maybe resolve the issue if it's a bug. Do you guys have any other ideas or dealt with something similar?  

system

R5 2600

B450 Aorus Pro

old gpu: evga gtx 1070 sc black edition

new gpu: gigabyte rtx 2070 super gaming oc 3x

thanks in advance

image.png

image.png

Are you 100% sure you got the right BIOS file for your motherboard?  Even the wrong version no of the 'board can prevent a successful flashing.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

6 minutes ago, canastasiou6 said:

<snip>

I've really never head of SPD's getting messed with, except intentionally.

Can you provide Thaiphoon dumps for both modules?

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

9 minutes ago, canastasiou6 said:

Just had a look at the Support pages for your 'board & it doesn't show that specific RAM as 'officially supported'...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

6 hours ago, Eighjan said:

Just had a look at the Support pages for your 'board & it doesn't show that specific RAM as 'officially supported'...

They worked rly well with xmp on

7 hours ago, svmlegacy said:

I've really never head of SPD's getting messed with, except intentionally.

Can you provide Thaiphoon dumps for both modules?

You can see that one of the modules isnt programmed for xmp. RLY idk how it got erased

image.png

image.png

2 hours ago, canastasiou6 said:

They worked rly well with xmp on

Didn't say it wouldn't work, but Gigabyte didn't claim 100% reliability.

Probably need a hard reset/clear CMOS & try again.

1 hour ago, canastasiou6 said:

You can see that one of the modules isnt programmed for xmp. RLY idk how it got erased

image.png

image.png

Did you buy them as a matched pair, new?

WHY NOT...?!

5 hours ago, canastasiou6 said:

Looks like it did in fact get corrupted. Weird!

You can either start the RMA process, or just manually set in the XMP parameters from the first module.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

21 hours ago, Eighjan said:

Didn't say it wouldn't work, but Gigabyte didn't claim 100% reliability.

Probably need a hard reset/clear CMOS & try again.

Did you buy them as a matched pair, new?

I bought one with the rest of the pc and the other one later

17 hours ago, svmlegacy said:

Looks like it did in fact get corrupted. Weird!

You can either start the RMA process, or just manually set in the XMP parameters from the first module.

Can you link a guide on how to do the xmp flashing because I couldn't find one online?

3 hours ago, canastasiou6 said:

I bought one with the rest of the pc and the other one later

That would be enough to stop them working correctly with XMP, sadly... matched pairs are always recommended.

WHY NOT...?!

8 hours ago, canastasiou6 said:

Can you link a guide on how to do the xmp flashing because I couldn't find one online?

I don't reccomend flashing DIMM's. It's much easier to manually set the speed and timings in BIOS.