Clear CMOS rear PCIe bracket?

orangecat

Does anyone know if there's a bracket I can buy with a button on it that I can wire up to the clear CMOS jumper on my motherboard? My board doesn't have a built in button for this but it does have a jumper that if I short it with a screwdriver it will clear CMOS however it's in a location that's hard to reach and I don't like having to put a metal screwdriver there while the PC is on. I tried looking for one online but I didn't find anything. I just need something that slots into a rear PCI slot bracket and has a simple button or switch with a 2 on header on it.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

Does anyone know if there's a bracket I can buy with a button on it that I can wire up to the clear CMOS jumper on my motherboard? My board doesn't have a built in button for this but it does have a jumper that if I short it with a screwdriver it will clear CMOS however it's in a location that's hard to reach and I don't like having to put a metal screwdriver there while the PC is on. I tried looking for one online but I didn't find anything. I just need something that slots into a rear PCI slot bracket and has a simple button or switch with a 2 on header on it.

Thanks.

not sure if they sell them, but you could definitely make one very easily with with spare parts, or like 2$ in parts. soldering iron, drill, cable with connector from old case, and a switch would be all you would need.

or, if you don't use your reset switch on the front much, use that?

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

not sure if they sell them, but you could definitely make one very easily with with spare parts, or like 2$ in parts. soldering iron, drill, cable with connector from old case, and a switch would be all you would need.

or, if you don't use your reset switch on the front much, use that?

Yea I'm aware I could easily make one but I would prefer a nicer solution that I can just plop in quickly.i also don't have access to alot of tools so I would kind of be limited to very thin and cheap brackets I can cut with snips. I would rather not have to hack together something like that if a bracket with a button already exists. I just can't seem to find one.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:05 PM, Kilobytez95 said:

Yea I'm aware I could easily make one but I would prefer a nicer solution that I can just plop in quickly.i also don't have access to alot of tools so I would kind of be limited to very thin and cheap brackets I can cut with snips. I would rather not have to hack together something like that if a bracket with a button already exists. I just can't seem to find one.

The unfortunate thing is that its not quite off the shelf. Your only, cost effective, option is to build it yourself.

If you have the money, someone with expertise and tooling could build that for you. PM me if you are interested and i could help you out.